I got a new Guitar!!

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

I got a new Guitar!!

Post by Austin_Taunt »

Here are the pics of the new guitar Im getting!! It is a G&L 25th Anniversary ASAT #42 of 250. Comes equipped with overwound MFD humbuckers, coil tapping, all mahogany body AND neck, sperzel tuners and a sweetass rosewood fretboard....GO ME!!!

Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

\:D/ Niiiiiiiiiize!
Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin_Taunt »

UPS should deliver it Wednesday so its tormenting me!! Ive already checked the tracking info 3 times today even though it wont make it ship faster. Im just EXCITED!! Have not been this excited for a guitar since my first one!
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Can't blame you... that's a really sweet example of a G&L. Nice finish too... reminds me of my early-60's Epiphone Caballero, an all-mahogany acoustic (body and neck) with a cedar top that was the most awesome guitar.

That thing should handle like a rocket ship. Congrats!
Last edited by Silencio on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Fixing a double post.... so, happy happy joy joy.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

welcome to the G&L club. Blows Leo's former companies away in the QC department, especially the one that still uses his last name...
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Austin_Taunt
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin_Taunt »

Yeah...I bought a Fender Tele Deluxe and got rid of it 6 months later. It just didnt feel or play right and it had sharp fret edges and the S-1 switching isnt that great either, plus I dont care for maple boards and I tried it and failed. Im not impressed with alot of Fenders...only about 1 of 10 necks feel great to me and the others are 'all right'. Pretty sad wen warmoth sells replacement neck that kick the crap out of them!!

G&L takes alot better pride with their work especially the fretboards and that is on the mass items...this one is a mastebuilt guitar and I hope it plays as good as it looks and sounds. First time I have taken a chance on an expensive guitar without playing it.
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

bassjones wrote:welcome to the G&L club. Blows Leo's former companies away in the QC department, especially the one that still uses his last name...
I don't think there's really anything wrong with current Fender quality control. G&L only builds a handful of guitars by comparison, so it's easier to say their quality is better. My American Deluxe P-Bass is perfect, and has remained so for 12 years... I don't see how it could get any better.

But I have to admit that my all-Warmoth Zencaster Strat clone (that's it in my avater) destroys all comers, including a couple Custom Shop Strats I really wanted to like 'cause they was so pretty.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Play 10 Fenders and they'll be of varying quality, although it's gotten better the last 5 years. None of them will be terrible - although I've yet to hear a good B string on a Fender 5 - a couple will be outstanding, a couple will be pretty good and the rest will be mediocre. I've yet to play a G&L that wasn't really, really good. But, like you said it's easier to keep that tight a lid on QC when you're building a couple hundred a year than when you're building a few thousand.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.