GIRARD-PERREGAUX Laureato 38 mm Copper Diamond Bezel

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

yoyoe

GIRARD-PERREGAUX Laureato 38 mm Copper Diamond Bezel

Post by yoyoe »

Up until now, we got to wait an event with our friends at Girard-Perregaux and go hands-on with some incredible upcoming pieces. You’ll see them all in due time, but the first release of the bunch brings a small change to an existing platform: the Girard-Perregaux Laureato 38mm Copper Diamond Bezel. The Laureato 38mm is the midsize of the brand’s signature integrated bracelet model, currently only available with a copper dial or in the unlimited green from the Aston Martin LE. New for 2024, the Girard-Perregaux Laureato 38mm Copper Gemstone Bezel sees the Copper model’s bezel carved out and set with an array of diamonds in different sizes.
The new diamond-set Laureato took its cues from one of the early quartz chronometer Laureatos in the late 1970s, seen above. That two-tone product looks downright chintzy compared to the modern transformation, but it serves as an excellent reference when the two are placed side by side. The new design is built on the Laureato 38mm Copper and is exactly the same except for the gemstones. With that in mind, I encourage you to head over to our hands-on review of the Copper type, as this review will only give a brief overview, instead focusing on what’s new (the diamonds). The case within the new unit remains 38mm wide as well as 10mm thick. Water resistance is still 100m. You still get the octagon-on-circle bezel. The actual bracelet continues to be integrated and also there’s still a combination of cleaned and polished finishing. The particular dial remains that copper mineral tone with the Clous de Paris pattern and the gold GP logo and seconds hand. That entire package performed well when it appeared to be released, and it works well in this article, too. No surprises. Except for the expensive diamonds! The octagonal layer on the bezel is now set with 56 diamond jewelry totaling around. 90ct. Unlike the original style, the precious gems continue all the way around the viser instead of being interrupted by beading. It’s a far more refined use of gems than the original but still comes off a bit like a piece of vintage or even costume jewelry (perhaps baguette-cut gems are the way to my heart). To my eye, there’s for ages been something dated about pavé-set diamonds. There are many reasons I don’t think this implementation quite works. The feeling created by the actual diamonds clashes a bit with that of the switch, and I wasn’t ever exactly sure which should be grabbing the attention. Looking the other way, the buffing of the lower bezel detracts from the diamonds’ sparkle, as you have 2 reflective surfaces competing for your attention, as opposed to the eye becoming drawn to a perfect diamonds. Perhaps brushing the top and leaving the side refined would have resolved the issue while still creating separation from the main case. The movement also remains the same: the particular in-house automatic caliber GP03300-2034. It gets a 46-hour power reserve in 28, eight hundred vph along with features basic finishing like striping, perlage, and blued screws, along with an 18k pink-gold rotor. Again, no surprises and no complaints. Breitling Endurance Pro Replica
omega speedmaster snoopy replica watch
versace replica watch
high quality replica watches
audemars piguet black panther replica watch
tudor black bay replica watch
Really dont think enough thought was presented with here. Typically the Girard-Perregaux Laureato 38mm Copper mineral Diamond Bezel already have diamond-set bezels, and one wonders what the impetus was going to add them to this version. This would’ve been a great opportunity to introduce a new call that is attractive but lets the diamond rings stand out, perhaps borrowing one of the sunray motifs from the Absolute or Everlasting models. Or one could lean the other method and completely cover typically the dial along with diamonds (and maybe the actual center links on the bracelet). As it is, I was left a little unsure about the execution, confused as to whether it needed more or less.