upright bassist looking for rockabilly/psychobilly band

Looking to pick up some new talent? Wanting to form or join a band? It all starts here.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

jschall84
Regular
Regular

upright bassist looking for rockabilly/psychobilly band

Post by jschall84 »

anybody in the fort play rockabilly or psychobilly? im an experienced bassist, 10 years on an electric, 6 months on an upright. i have good equipment and a strong drive. im 23, drug and drama free. let me know if anybody wants to give it a shot.
-josh
doublebassdude69

Good luck!

Post by doublebassdude69 »

Good luck man! Run this same ad several times in the last year or so to no avail! No one seems to dig this kind of music! I've played the electric bass for 17 years and the electric and acoustic upright basses now for several years and its not gotten me any closer to playing rockabilly or psychobilly save for by myself in my own living room!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

They're out there, just not in here... Check with Kenny Taylor. I'm sure he's got students that would love to hook up/put together a band.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Chaz Brackx
Troll
Troll

Bass player

Post by Chaz Brackx »

I just moved into town a couple of weeks ago, and I left behind a rockabilly/psychobilly band. I'd like to start something new. I'm a singer, I'm 24 years old. I'm a cane-weilding maniac.

You can hear a song at www.myspace.com/thechirps or go to YouTube and search for "The Chirps".

Send me a PM or e-mail if interested.
shattered existence
I Been Around
I Been Around

Re: Good luck!

Post by shattered existence »

jschall84 wrote:anybody in the fort play rockabilly or psychobilly? im an experienced bassist, 10 years on an electric, 6 months on an upright. i have good equipment and a strong drive. im 23, drug and drama free. let me know if anybody wants to give it a shot.
-josh
doublebassdude69 wrote:Good luck man! Run this same ad several times in the last year or so to no avail! No one seems to dig this kind of music! I've played the electric bass for 17 years and the electric and acoustic upright basses now for several years and its not gotten me any closer to playing rockabilly or psychobilly save for by myself in my own living room!
You two should get together and do a dueling stand-up bass kind of rockabilly band. That could be pretty cool if done right.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/thislandlaidtowaste][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/thislandlaidtowaste/banner1.jpg[/img][/url]
navinjohnson
Troll
Troll

Post by navinjohnson »

Hey...Drummer here that wouldn't mind doing some SCOTS or some Webb Wilder.
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

navinjohnson wrote:Hey...Drummer here that wouldn't mind doing some SCOTS or some Webb Wilder.
Lord loves a workin' man.