BCS bowl selctions

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

BCS bowl selctions

Post by Morphine Child »

So it's going to be Ohio State which was no surprise, and Florida just nudged out Michigan. Any thoughts? Being an Irish fan I don't care too much, but it was nice to see Michigan get passed up after the ass beating they handed the Irish. :) So I'm going to say, Go Gators!

I'm still trying to figure out how UCLA beat USC last night. I watched the USC vs. ND game and USC was a great team with a lot of talent. He does a great job recruiting there.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

PREDICTIONS:

- Ohio State will stomp Florida. (31-10)
- Notre Dame will get stomped by LSU. (38-20)
- USC will beat Michigan. (24-20)
- Louisville stomps Wake Forest. (40-14)
- Oklahoma will beat Boise State. (21-7)
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

The_Dude wrote:PREDICTIONS:

- Ohio State will stomp Florida. (31-10)
- Notre Dame will get stomped by LSU. (38-20)
- USC will beat Michigan. (24-20)
- Louisville stomps Wake Forest. (40-14)
- Oklahoma will beat Boise State. (21-7)
I'm with you except - UM beats USC 31-21 and the controversy really starts to heat up. No way Florida did enough Saturday to pass UM in the polls. UM was well ahead of them last week.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

The difference between Florida and UM...

...Florida didn't lose to Ohio State.

Yes it was only 3 points. Yes it was at Ohio State. Doesn't matter. Ohio State proved themselves against Michigan once. They shouldn't have to do it again.

That being said...I would much rather watch Ohio State and Michigan over Ohio State and Florida. Again.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Ohio State whomps on Florida
Michigan sneaks by USC (though I can't stand either)
Louisville rips WF a fresh one
Oklahoma sends B.St back to Idaho

now Notre Dame,... let's see the last what,...
3-4 seasons are something like,.. "Wooah we're
back and going to be great",... then end up
9-4 or 10-3 or something, and then go and get
blown out in whatever bowl game.
Haven't won one since 1993.

Come on Charlie W.,, what's different this year? anything?
(frustrated Irish fan)

Less is always more
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

ND is going to suck ass next year.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Notre Dame has lost 7 straight bowl games. This year will make 8 because LSU is going to clobber them.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

The_Dude wrote:The difference between Florida and UM...

Yes it was only 3 points. Yes it was at Ohio State. Doesn't matter. Ohio State proved themselves against Michigan once. They shouldn't have to do it again.

That being said...I would much rather watch Ohio State and Michigan over Ohio State and Florida. Again.
Those aren't the rules of the BCS system. It's supposed to pit the best two teams against each other at the end of the year. After the OSU-UM game UM was still ranked #2, ahead of both Florida and USC. Then USC beat Notre Dame at home by less than UM beat them at Notre Dame and USC went to #2. Then Florida, who came into last weekend well behind UM in BCS points and well behind them in both polls struggles to hold on and win a game and they jump UM. Had UM fallen to 4th after the OSU game, they wouldn't have much of a beef, but staying at 2nd after a losing great game by 3 on the road, then being passed by two inferior teams while sitting idle and not getting a chance to avenge their only loss on a neutral field, they've got a beef. Especially getting jumped by Florida. I hope OSU is ahead 42-0 at the end of the first half and everyone turns their tv off. The best two teams this year are OSU and UM. They should be playing for the National Championship.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

I agree that UM and OSU would probably have been the better game. I really didn't see Florida jumping over UM, and neither did most of the computers that do the selections. Of course, the coaches and AP polls are factored into the equation, and nobody wanted a rematch apparently. Though I thought it was kind of strange that UM did not lobby for a bid. Florida lobbied pretty heavily, and they are in the championship. Maybe UM should have spoke up?

As for the Irish, every year I hope they can win a damn bowl game. I don't know what their problem is. They have the talent this season, but they didn't pull their sh*t together when they played the big dogs. I hope they win, but I won't hold my breathe. Though it would be nice to see Brady "shoulda been Heisman" Quinn win his last game.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

bassjones wrote:
The_Dude wrote:The difference between Florida and UM...

Those aren't the rules of the BCS system. It's supposed to pit the best two teams against each other at the end of the year. After the OSU-UM game UM was still ranked #2, ahead of both Florida and USC. Then USC beat Notre Dame at home by less than UM beat them at Notre Dame and USC went to #2. Then Florida, who came into last weekend well behind UM in BCS points and well behind them in both polls struggles to hold on and win a game and they jump UM. Had UM fallen to 4th after the OSU game, they wouldn't have much of a beef, but staying at 2nd after a losing great game by 3 on the road, then being passed by two inferior teams while sitting idle and not getting a chance to avenge their only loss on a neutral field, they've got a beef. Especially getting jumped by Florida. I hope OSU is ahead 42-0 at the end of the first half and everyone turns their tv off. The best two teams this year are OSU and UM. They should be playing for the National Championship.
BCS blows. I'm surprised not everyone knows this by now.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

BCS blows. I'm surprised not everyone knows this by now.
Big Time,... either do an official playoff system or
go back to the old way and just vote.

I prefer a playoff system such as the way
March madness is run.

Less is always more
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

I, too, would be in favor of a playoff system. Survival of the fittest.