Regarding Stephen Jackson

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

I think I was in a gun safety course when I was like 8 years old. We used a BB gun at first and eventually made our way to shooting .22's.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Yes. The NRA usually sponsors them. Also, there are hunter safety courses offered by the State of Indiana which all include gun safety as part of the course. Check with any of the sporting goods stores or firearms stores. They can probably give you more information than me.

BTW, I think they should offer mandatory gun safety courses in middle school. Guns are easy to use, and even easier to misuse. As many as there are in our society, everyone should know how to be safe around them.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

I shot off my pinkie toe.

The right one.

I'm a lefty so that's cool.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

bassjones wrote:Yes. The NRA usually sponsors them. Also, there are hunter safety courses offered by the State of Indiana which all include gun safety as part of the course.
and i teach one, FYI.
bassjones wrote:BTW, I think they should offer mandatory gun safety courses in middle school. Guns are easy to use, and even easier to misuse.
my mom went to North Side, class of '64. there was a rifle course as part of gym class. what is now the cafeteria used to be a rifle range.

i got gypped- we only got archery. and even worse, stupid recurve bows that only right handed shooters could use. which means if you're a lefty (like me) you get a C.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

I am lefty too.

woot.

Is there a Lefty rifle that discharges on the left?
Last edited by Oliver's Army on Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

A google search turned up some lefty bolt action rifles!
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

i was thisclose to once buying a ruger 10/22 that was a left eject. it was almost 3X the money as buying one off the shelf.

as long as you wear proper eye protection, shooting a right eject is fine. the bolt is far enough away that brass isnt a hazard.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

an eye patch!
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

^ also a lefty.
flapjacks
RockStar
RockStar

Post by flapjacks »

my mom went to North Side, class of '64. there was a rifle course as part of gym class. what is now the cafeteria used to be a rifle range.

i got gypped- we only got archery. and even worse, stupid recurve bows that only right handed shooters could use. which means if you're a lefty (like me) you get a C.
and we get... badminton.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4453/davidhasselhoff2gc.jpg[/img][/url]

David hasselhoff, a rocket of dissapointment
QWETTY
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by QWETTY »

flapjacks wrote:

and we get... badminton.
we got an even more dangerous sport. raquet ball.

lets put 40 kids in a small room and give them 10 hard balls to hit as hard as they can at a wall. some how only about 6 or 7 people got drilled in the face.
[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Maverick_PMS/fgaebanner.gif[/img]