T.O. Suicide attempt

Talk your sports here. Not there! Here! :)

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

T.O. Suicide attempt

Post by WBOB »

Never cared for this guys antics or bravado,..
but this sad. I truly feel sorry for this guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15021827/

Less is always more
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

of course he's on MY freakin' fantasy team.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Unfortunally some coach is almost always going to draft him.

Sucker.

:P
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

F*ck this as "news".
traumaqueen
Pants Goblin
Pants Goblin

Post by traumaqueen »

entire story is typical in many ways......
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

I'm trying, but it's really, really hard to feel much sympathy for that guy.

Was this really a suicide attempt, or was it him trying to garner some attention again with an "almost" suicide? He's a drama queen.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

I gotta say, that normally I have a heart.....I can't say I feel sorry for him. This really proves that he is the most selfish player in the NFL. I can't help getting angry anytime someone tries to take their own life. Call it a cry for help...or whatever...

I call it that TO is looking for attention, again, and he wants it at any cost. If he really wanted to kill himself...I am sure he has enough money to buy a gun.

I'M SORRY. I have seen suicide close to me....it is the absolute most selfish act that a person can commit....
music, cubs, work, eat, sleep....repeat.....
traumaqueen
Pants Goblin
Pants Goblin

Post by traumaqueen »

of course he was trying to "garner attention" with this action. that is what those that need help do. just because one is not successful with an "attempt" does not mean they do not require attention.....
perhaps he was being retarded.
perhaps i can write an entirely huge and interesting book on how to "do it right"...........
but, for the time being, you are a bit required to hope for him that someone provides the assistance he needs..........
it doesn't mean that he is justified. it just means that it is wisest to let someone "qualified" determine the level of intervention needed.........
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

7WetCigarettes wrote:I can't help getting angry anytime someone tries to take their own life.
Your brain can play some f'd up tricks on you. Sometimes these people don't even know right from wrong. To assume all of these people are selfish is downright ignorant. Mental illnesses can't exactly be shut off with the flip of a switch. Alot of these people have no control over what they think and/or do.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

After reading the article, I'm not so sure it was even a scaricide. I think he just took a couple too many and somebody freaked out, then realized they overreacted... They released him right away, so there's obviously not much concern of him actually harming himself.

At any rate, he's a complete jerk, on that we all agree.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

The_Dude wrote:Mental illnesses can't exactly be shut off with the flip of a switch. Alot of these people have no control over what they think and/or do.
hmmm...I don't remember hearing that he has a mental illness....

As I said before, I have been around suicide before....I am not "ignorant" to what it takes to put yourself in that position. With that being said, TO should get REAL help. I firmly believe in therapy as a means to help put the pieces together when you can't seem to figure things out for yourself.

Still, suicide is a selfish act. Not only are you purposefully hurting yourself, but you are also scarring those around you who do care. To me, it is the most emotionally damaging thing you can do to innocent people.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

At any rate, he's a complete jerk, on that we all agree.
YUP!

while we're at it,... add the following other NFL
"brats"

Keyshawn Johnson
Randy Moss
< your choice here >

Less is always more
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

To me, it is the most emotionally damaging thing you can do to innocent people.
I'd wager there's way worse. Yes it sucks, yes it's horrible; but IMHO it isn't the worst.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

hmmm...I don't remember hearing that he has a mental illness....
You don't have to be diagnosed to have a mental illness. His behavior, period, is a good indicator that there's something going on.
As I said before, I have been around suicide before....I am not "ignorant" to what it takes to put yourself in that position. With that being said, TO should get REAL help. I firmly believe in therapy as a means to help put the pieces together when you can't seem to figure things out for yourself.

I agree. He SHOULD get real help. Sometimes it goes this far before people realize they have issues.

And by no means was I calling YOU ignorant. If it came across that way, I apologize.
Still, suicide is a selfish act. Not only are you purposefully hurting yourself, but you are also scarring those around you who do care. To me, it is the most emotionally damaging thing you can do to innocent people.
A selfish act...I can agree with that. However, that doesn't always make the person selfish. A person has no control over a chemical imbalance in their brain...especially if they know nothing about it.
7WetCigarettes
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by 7WetCigarettes »

The_Dude wrote: A selfish act...I can agree with that. However, that doesn't always make the person selfish. A person has no control over a chemical imbalance in their brain...especially if they know nothing about it.
OK...I agree with that. I just don't think that you can assume that anyone who goes down that road....has no control over what they are doing.