SADDAM TO BE HANGED IN NEXT 48 HOURS...

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Let's not get this thread off topic or out of hand.

There are obvious differences in opinion on a 'death' penalty.

I can agree it is not to be 'celebrated' with a party or extreme carrying on, but it is a victory on many levels. It is the end to a very bad thing...

Now carry on...:)

Chris
Al Quandt
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Post by Al Quandt »

moving to proper venue
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://RandomDailymemes.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

sevesd93 wrote:
Also, I am not sitting here hiding behind my computer. I would say anything to anyones face that I type on this site, because chances are if you live in Fort Wayne, you will probably run into me at some time or another.
I suppose I'm not big on calling people idiots and jackasses and calling their comments retarded on an internet board, or in real life. But, you know, whatever works for you in getting a point across or attacking another's opinion.
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
DJSpot
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by DJSpot »

Its okay, being called an idiot hardly gets my panties in a bunch.

Heres some "Idiot" logic for you yokels -
Lets OVERTHROW the US of A!! Take George Bush into custody and hunt down his cabinet. Then, lets help establish a "fair" democracy with officials being elected. Oh, but you CANT be republican or have ever been a part of the republican party. THEN!! We'll hand over George Bush to be tried in a "fair" legal system by democrats!!
Since that would be SO FAIR, he'll definitely get the death sentence and then we'll videotape it and shout for joy in the streets over his execution like cavemen! Hell, if we're lucky maybe Toby Keith will write a SONG FOR HIM!!

Atrocities of war against your neighbors should HARDLY disqualify your country from being friendly with us....just look at our wonderful ally Russia and there Chechnyan "problem"
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I am confused...are you comparing GW to Saddam? Seriously...please clarify...

Chris
DJSpot
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by DJSpot »

Turning the tables....
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Turning the tabels? Yeah fine...wouldn't have a problem with that scenario...IF in fact GW had been on a 25 year killing spree and had taken the lives of over 100,000 people...oppresses myself and my family and friends and other 'Americans'.

Sure...turn the tables...but at least make the criminal equally bad...

A lot of people don't like GW, but he isn't out mass killing...he may piss some people off with policy and crap like that but again not KILLING people...

Chris
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

Why after all of these years is Iraq's regime deemed worthy of invasion and overthrow (or, if you prefer the spinmasters, "liberation")? It wasn't like the Kurdish genocide happened right around the time of 9/11. Hell, there's genocide going on in Africa, but I don't see the powers that be determining we will liberate the Africans with our armed forces.
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I guess they just crossed the line and stepped on to US soil. At that point there seemed to be a call to 'justice'.

We get bitched at for 'policing' the world and at the same time get called out for 'not helping the world'.

We need to come up with a clear plan of course...we either have to be fully involved or not at all involved...I would rather be fully involved because if we sit back and wait for things to happen we will just be digging ourselves out of a hole...

I am not specifically FOR going in and taking over issue of other places...HOWEVER...those places don't seem to have any trouble findig us and bringing us into things...

If we had NEVER stepped in to the issue over there...ever...they would eventually find us and try to take us over...they don't seem to understand the stay in your place options...

The US is not out to conquer the world...YES...we did break away from europe and TAKE what we now call America...BUT...we are not actively going out and taking any other land and calling it out 'own' and instilling OUR constitution and laws from that point on...

These countries like Iraq, Iran, all the middle eastern countries...given the means...would have no problem taking over everything they can and making it their 'own'. If saddam had the power to overthrow the US on OUR soil he wouldn't have hesitated to do so...

We, as wrong as we are a lot of the times, are a pretty 'civil' nation...we don't live in ruins and run around the streets with guns a blazing...

It is sad that there are countries out there that do live like that...I wish it could change over night...but until those PEOPLE learn to live 'together' it isn't going to happen.

I mean hell...how many frickin' years have they and are they going to fight over a stupid peice of frickin' land like the gaza strip? Come on now...that is like bitching over a frickin' easment in your neighborhood...yeah it is 'holy' land, but there comes a point...how about this...MON WED FRI is belongs to one group...TUE THUR SAT it belongs to the OTHER groups...SUNDAY...you all get together and have a BBQ...

It isn't that hard to see the black and white of these issues...there comes a point that the Hatfields and McCoys just need to say look...this is STUPID...

All said...Saddam was BAD...wether he died two night ago or 20 years ago...he dies for the right reason...he was BAD...would you still be saying the same thing IF in fact we had invaded him the week after the genocide? Or would you try to find some other reason to negate the justification of the actions?

Even in America we spend years looking for people who commited crimes many years ago...cold cases are abound...they are not just forgotten...justice comes when justice comes...

Chris
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

cwallace wrote:I guess they just crossed the line and stepped on to US soil.
Who stepped onto US soil?
jforbes
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by jforbes »

Look Just because some of you people watched Fahrenheit 9/11 and drew conclusions on bush does not qualify you as educated enough to open your mouthes.

Saddam did many horrible things in the past, watch the news they will continue to prosecute his offenses posthumously. He was a horrible human being and treated his subjects like rats.

Please do not make comments about Darfur and our lack of involvement. We are supposed to be engaged in a global war on terrorism. Not an International police force, ( if you want to see the people in Darfur get help, write a letter to the U.N. ( ha ha)) We went to Iraq because we thought they had WMD's.

Bill Clinton > February 17, 1998 "If Saddam rejects peace, and we have to use force, our purpose is clear: We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

Nancy Pelosi > December 16, 1998 "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology, which is a threat to countries in the region, and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Ted Kennedy > September 27, 2002 "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

Nancy Pelosi > October 10, 2002
"Yes, he has chemical weapons. Yes, he has biological weapons. He is trying to get nuclear weapons."

Bill Clinton > February 17, 1998
"We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st Century.... They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."

Saddam was thought to be a supporter of the terrorists and I think the insurgency proves this.

P.S. If you guys that have been very snide about this thread have any balls seek out some members of the armed forces that have been in Baghdad. See if the Iraqis are by and large happy to have us over their or not. Let me know whether or not they think that they have accomplished something good. it seems to be the case every time I talk to someone that has returned from overseas.
"Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he could be, and he will become what he can be."
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Sankofa wrote:
9/11 is when they stepped on US soil. However you want to look at it the middle east is one big lump of trouble. Bin Laden (behind 911) and Saddam are as good as one in the same. It might be a stretch of an opportunity, but as I said before...wether it was 20 years ago or now...it is still justifiable...

Chris
jforbes
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by jforbes »

D A M N right
"Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat him as he could be, and he will become what he can be."
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

jforbes wrote:Look Just because some of you people watched Fahrenheit 9/11 and drew conclusions on bush does not qualify you as educated enough to open your mouthes.

Saddam was thought to be a supporter of the terrorists and I think the insurgency proves this.
Just because some of you listen to Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly every day and draw conclusions on Bush does not qualify you as educated enough to open your mouthes. :roll:

The administration thought a lot of things about Saddam and his regime. There's a fine line - or should be when it comes to invading a country , over 30,000 people dying, the inevitability of a trillion dollars being spent - between having a thought and having irrefutable evidence when making a decision as big as this one was.

If I remember correctly, some of the better informed Bush supporters on here have even stated that the administration never even suspected Saddam to have anything to do with the parties involved in 9/11. Jones, did I get that right? Or did I mix something up...[/i]
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

cwallace wrote:
Sankofa wrote:
9/11 is when they stepped on US soil. However you want to look at it the middle east is one big lump of trouble. Bin Laden (behind 911) and Saddam are as good as one in the same. It might be a stretch of an opportunity, but as I said before...wether it was 20 years ago or now...it is still justifiable...

Chris
Well by that logic we should invade every country in the middle east. That would be fun to watch!

Steven Wilson