Spike Lee's "When the Levees Broke" Katrina doc fr

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

tony2tone
Regular
Regular

Post by tony2tone »

Morphine Child wrote:where did all the adults go on this board?
exactly.
stop being scared of rap music!!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

tony2tone wrote:
adam atherton wrote:let us not forget the fleet of schoolbuses available and idled by this fine mayor.

and also, let us not forget that "new orleans will be a chocolate city at the end of the day."

of course, GWB arranged the hurricane. GWB made sure the levees were built shoddily. several decades before he could control hurricanes.

but aside from that, we all need to understand the ways GWB handled the entire levee building process when it was built. of course, he knew when he was building new orleans that it was below sea level.

i guess kanye west was right.

when will we learn that this president just wants to kill black people?????

:roll: X1000000
when i read sh*t like this post i cant help but think that you are a racist republican. anyone who has done there reasearch on this subject wouldnt be so irresponsable.
Actually, the first line is accurate, the second a quote from the mayor, and the rest are responses to the ridiculous, hideous, hateful, inflammatory accusations made by a few nutjobs - including Kanye West, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc... - in the aftermath of Katrina.

Yes, I do think Jesse Jackson is a nutjob, along with Sharpton. And it has nothing to do with race. Crazy knows no color.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
this dude
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by this dude »

Jackson and Sharpton perpetuate racism- and make a damned fine living off of it.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Throw in Charles Rangle while your at it.

Less is always more
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

bassjones wrote:
tony2tone wrote:
adam atherton wrote:let us not forget the fleet of schoolbuses available and idled by this fine mayor.

and also, let us not forget that "new orleans will be a chocolate city at the end of the day."

of course, GWB arranged the hurricane. GWB made sure the levees were built shoddily. several decades before he could control hurricanes.

but aside from that, we all need to understand the ways GWB handled the entire levee building process when it was built. of course, he knew when he was building new orleans that it was below sea level.

i guess kanye west was right.

when will we learn that this president just wants to kill black people?????

:roll: X1000000
when i read sh*t like this post i cant help but think that you are a racist republican. anyone who has done there reasearch on this subject wouldnt be so irresponsable.
Actually, the first line is accurate, the second a quote from the mayor, and the rest are responses to the ridiculous, hideous, hateful, inflammatory accusations made by a few nutjobs - including Kanye West, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc... - in the aftermath of Katrina.

Yes, I do think Jesse Jackson is a nutjob, along with Sharpton. And it has nothing to do with race. Crazy knows no color.
yup. and I'M the racist? amazing.
tony2tone
Regular
Regular

Post by tony2tone »

adam atherton wrote:
bassjones wrote:
tony2tone wrote: when i read sh*t like this post i cant help but think that you are a racist republican. anyone who has done there reasearch on this subject wouldnt be so irresponsable.

yup. and I'M the racist? amazing.
you may not be racist, but your quote was.
i have no arguement about jessie jackson and al sharpton being racists, thats been documented many times over the years. your take on the situation, whatever the motivation, came off as racist. you can get mad at me if you wanna, i have no problem with that. but, im not the only person who felt what you said was a typical redneck/racist republican response to that situation.

@bassjones-
you are taking that quote completely out of context. dont try and act like neggen wanted new orleans to be a cholocate city. if you really think that was his goal, your a moron. get you head out of your anus and do some research! talk to some of the people who had to move to fort wayne from the n.o. or any other place that actually got hit by the hurricane. matter of fact, watch the document that is the topic of this thread. it may help. that would prolly be a little to much work tho. its much easier to get on a message bored and spout some nazi sh*t you read on some internet news site.

i hope you werent serious.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

tony2tone wrote:

you are taking that quote completely out of context. dont try and act like neggen wanted new orleans to be a cholocate city. if you really think that was his goal, your a moron. get you head out of your anus and do some research!
here's your research, taken from a simple google search on the words "ray nagin chocolate city quote":

MAYOR RAY NAGIN: We as black people, it’s time, it’s time for us to come together. It’s time for us to rebuild a New Orleans, the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans and I don’t care what people are saying uptown or wherever they are, this city will be chocolate at the end of the day.

how else do you take that out of context? i'm curious.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

anybody who knows me at all knows better. I can't stomach the afore mentioned folks, but I have spent the better part of my life working with disadvantaged young people either on a volunteer or professional basis, the majority of whom are/were African American. I started that life as a died-in-the-wool liberal on many issues related to class and society, but came to the conclusion after much heartache that the real problem was "leaders" of that ilk holding young black people down by convincing them that all of society was geared to keep them down. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. "I'm never going to make it, regardless of how hard I try, so why try?" Then, guess what they don't try and they don't make it. PISSES ME OFF!!! Try changing your message and see what happens. Try this for a change; "No matter where you came from, the great thing about living in America is you can make it if you work hard enough. While some racism still exists it is mostly a thing of the past and if you stay in school, stay out of trouble, don't have children while you're still a child yourself and work hard to accomplish your goals, you can succeed!" Preach that from the pulpits and the roof tops and the street corners and see what happens in a generation's time! Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I think I'm right. And I have spoken to many of the New Orleans transplants in Fort Wayne. I got a bunch of people to donate money to buy my friend a new bass because he lost his in Katrina. He was mad about the evacuation screw up too, but he understood that it was a universal screw up, not just FEMA's.

Regardless, it was a stupid thing for Nagin to say. It was a borderline racist thing for him to say as well. And blaming Bush for the massive amount of fxxx ups down there is just plain ignorant. Nagin had access to all of those busses and didn't use them. The governor didn't start evacuating people until way too late. Yes FEMA screwed up too, but not everything is a Federal problem. Local and State governments have to do their job too and they didn't. The worst and most insidious comments came from those who accused Bush of a. blowing up the levees intentionally and b. ignoring all those people because they were black. Those were ignorant and hateful things to say. Far more hateful than anything even Michael Savage has ever said.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-

www.bradjonesbass.com
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
tony2tone
Regular
Regular

Post by tony2tone »

i see you fellas trying to cover your tracks, but the proof of who you are and what you believe is in your above quotes. i dont give a sh*t how much work you did with african americans, your quotes say your a bigot. and as a biggot would in this situation you list your history with blacks and other minorities. dont try to prove me wrong with a long and boring post, because your other posts prove me right. but hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

you fellas are funny rednecks.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

....or you could admit that you are the one that is wrong, and were proven wrong, and that's why you're upset and accusing people of being "redneck racists".

whatever works for you.
tony2tone
Regular
Regular

Post by tony2tone »

oaky jackass.
i am in no way defending negin, he definately dropped the ball. along with the gov. of louisania and the federal government. i wasnt pointing any fingers of blame. i was pointing out the fact that your qoute was a typical racist republican response to the katrina situation.

so, no matter what you wanna say about me your bigotry has been documented for all to see and respond to. if your gonna catch feelings about someones response to your ignorance, dont post ignorance.

bottom line: think before you talk.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

tony2tone wrote:
Morphine Child wrote:where did all the adults go on this board?
exactly.

irony.
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

tony2tone wrote:oaky jackass.
i am in no way defending negin, he definately dropped the ball. along with the gov. of louisania and the federal government. i wasnt pointing any fingers of blame. i was pointing out the fact that your qoute was a typical racist republican response to the katrina situation.

so, no matter what you wanna say about me your bigotry has been documented for all to see and respond to. if your gonna catch feelings about someones response to your ignorance, dont post ignorance.

bottom line: think before you talk.
the bottom line is, you need to be able to back up your horsecrap thoughts with fact. i did, and now youre mad. accept it- you got busted, and YOU are the onle who looks like an idiot now. why don't you calm down and go back to accusing other people of racism because they dont like rap music instead of coming in here and pointing fingers at people you think are racist?

if anyone else thinks i've made ONE racist comment, please let me know immediately.

i think i'm seeing a trend here with your posts.

if you have something relevant to say, say it. prepare to debate it. LIKE A GROWN UP. but coming in here and making TERRIBLY slanderous accusations against someone you don't even know is ridiculous.

if you want to call me evil names, do it via PM.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

What did I say that was a "typical racist Republican response" to Katrina????

The second rule of internet arguments: "When you run out of solid arguments, start accusing the other side of being 'racists'."

Because that always works :roll: :roll:

And you discredit yourself when every time you type the word "Republican", you type the word "Racist" next to it. I've known Democrats who are far more racist than any Republican I've ever met. Ever been in a Union shop? Talk about a bunch of racist rednecks. And they all vote Democrat. Ever hear about Senator Byrd's (D) previous activities? He was a recruitment officer for the KKK. Al Gore's daddy, along with more Democrats than Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Ammendment. It was the Kennedy administration that was spying on Dr. King. Nixon was having regular meetings with Dr. King during his administration. Do you know why African Americans started voting so heavily Democratic? Because I can't figure it out.

Even on the issues of today, I can't figue it out. Which party is (at least officially) opposed to abortion? Polls show an overwhelming majority of African American voters are opposed to abortion. Which party is opposing homosexual marriage? Again, polls show an overwhelming majority of African American voters agree with the Republicans on that issue. School vouchers, so that poor African American kids can get out of failing schools and go to the same schools that the rich, white kids go to? Jesse hates it, but he sold out to the teacher's unions and African American voters agree with Republicans.

Yet, every election, it's "Republicans want to burn your churches, poison your children, re-enact slavery or at least Jim Crow laws"; most of which actually were, at one time, supported by Democrats, but not ever Republicans

FYI, I'm neither. I'm a registered Independent who leans heavily Libertarian in most cases and ends up voting Republican in national elections because he finds it less Libertarian to vote for Democrats.
"brad!

www.bradjonesbass.com