Search found 258 matches

by subgenius88
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:50 am
Forum: General Life Chat
Topic: Personal Standards in the Work Place
Replies: 28
Views: 8016

sevesd93 wrote: I have a great job that I am very good at and it is because I have always stood up for what I believe is right.
Right on.
by subgenius88
Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:49 am
Forum: General Life Chat
Topic: Personal Standards in the Work Place
Replies: 28
Views: 8016

I worked at McD but I quit because burgers are icky I loaded lumber until I got a splinter I worked in customer service until I got yelled at I was a cop until someone called me a pig I worked in a warehouse but cardboad is made from trees I roofed homes until I broke a sweat I worked in IT until s...
by subgenius88
Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:39 am
Forum: General Life Chat
Topic: Personal Standards in the Work Place
Replies: 28
Views: 8016

Do it... its your job. That's great advice, do something you're morally opposed to because it's your job. Better advice - get a job to which you are not morally opposed. Not quite as good advice, but relevant nonetheless, is that of Bill Hicks: By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or market...
by subgenius88
Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:28 am
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: A question about the Old Vs. New testament God
Replies: 68
Views: 13935

bassjones wrote:unfortunately, I think that's how most people view the OT God and how allot of Christians present it. Read it, study it, and it becomes clear that's a misrepresentation. I don't have time right now, but I'll post more on this later...
You mean raining fire and brimstone is kind and loving?
by subgenius88
Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:37 am
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Like husband like... wife?
Replies: 11
Views: 3573

I heard John McCain and Bob Barr like to go to bathhouses to join circle jerks and sing Broadway show tunes while wearing shorty robes and leather thongs. I am gonna go blog it now so it will be fact. So let it be written, so let it be done. The crazy thing is, if you want to attack Clinton, there ...
by subgenius88
Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:32 am
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Conservatives
Replies: 42
Views: 9714

right. including the individual liberties of the tiny person inside the big person. no one should infringe upon the woman's right to turn down sexual advances or take as many lovers as she chooses. no one should infringe upon her right to use birth control or give birth to as many children as she w...
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:51 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Conservatives
Replies: 42
Views: 9714

My point is, race is an issue until everybody stops making it an issue. So, in my words, once you stop "caring" about race, and just let the person in front of you be a person, regardless of race, then in some way, however small, you are still making race an issue. Therefore, you're still part of t...
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:48 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Conservatives
Replies: 42
Views: 9714

bassjones wrote:what... are you skeert? :)
I'll help... the main libertarian idea is that the government should be limited as much as possible, that it should not intrude into people's personal lives, and that individual liberties should not be infringed, right?
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:40 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Like husband like... wife?
Replies: 11
Views: 3573

Re: Like husband like... wife?

First the Bosnia flap and now she states that when she got home from school the day MLK Jr. died, she threw her "backpack full of books" on the floor and ran to her room... To quote my Mother In Law, who is the same age as Mrs. Clinton, "We didn't have backpacks for books back then."... Yes, it's m...
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:31 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Bob Barr
Replies: 4
Views: 2201

bassjones wrote: That would be 90% of the members of my former party.
Image
You rang?
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:14 pm
Forum: General Life Chat
Topic: IPFW on lockdown...student found dead in dorm.
Replies: 43
Views: 4436

deek wrote:Well, anybody that thinks IPFW or about any place in Fort Wayne isn't very safe hasn't really been too far out of Fort Wayne...
FW is well above the national average for metropolitan violent crime rates.
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:02 pm
Forum: General Life Chat
Topic: IPFW on lockdown...student found dead in dorm.
Replies: 43
Views: 4436

bassjones wrote:damn... all condolences to those who knew the dead person.
Wow, you really know how to bring a tear to the eye.
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Global Warming hysteria/hoax causing starvation
Replies: 40
Views: 10710

WBOB wrote:I'm all conservation, polution control,..etc..etc.....

Cept where government is involved,, there's where you lose me.
So yeah,...free enterprise, market based solutions work best.
Yes, there is such a splendid track record of free enterprise solving environmental problems.
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:48 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Global Warming hysteria/hoax causing starvation
Replies: 40
Views: 10710

The Hammer wrote:
I am a Christian and I believe what the Bible says. If I am wrong, I won't know the difference. If you are wrong, you, in your arrogance, are in for one hell of a time.
Who's the one being arrogant here? Maybe the Muslims or the Hindus are right - perhaps you should convert and save yourself.
by subgenius88
Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:42 pm
Forum: Political Opinions
Topic: Global Warming hysteria/hoax causing starvation
Replies: 40
Views: 10710

Also, are we so sure we're going to run out of oil? It is fossil fuel, right? Aren't organisms constantly dying and decaying? Who's to say the fossil fuels won't replenish themselves over time? What about speeding up the process artificially? Don't embalm me, put me in a box or cremate me when I'm ...