Sticker on my guitar equipment

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Should I put it on my guitar stuff?

Yes, tell them to go effin' pray!
100%
No, you might offend people that you don't even know.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Sticker on my guitar equipment

Post by Grindspine »

I have a sticker from www.unamerican.com that says "Go F***ing Pray" (unedited of course). That sticker pretty much sums up how I sometimes feel towards religion as a whole.

My question is this, should I go ahead and put it on my guitar equipment, or do I worry about offending people with it?
SPOONER
Regular
Regular

Post by SPOONER »

i wouldn't worry about, and do you have multiple stickers on it? cuz there's a chance people won't even notice
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

It would be one single 9" by 1" sticker across a vent panel on my rack. Yeah, it's large enough to be noticed.
Shrugie
Regular
Regular

Post by Shrugie »

Even if you offend 10 billion people does that really make it "wrong"?
Most of it seemed to make some sort of sense at the time.
Dog
Regular
Regular

Post by Dog »

if it's something you feel strongly about, forking A! do it.
http://www.myspace.com/thestaggerers
http://www.myspace.com/tomfckingmcsod
xtimothyx
Fashion-core
Fashion-core

Post by xtimothyx »

do it.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/youbrokelikeglass/musicmoviesLJ/etidbanner.jpg[/img]
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

I am an athiest, and generally I think it's good to keep music separate from politics and religion. Lately, especially with the recent elections and the polarization of conservatives and liberals, I've been finding myself up against close-minded conservatives quite often (though I consider myself pretty much moderate). Many of these people have started shooting off bible quotes to support their political decisions. The sticker approximates how I feel when they do that. I've had the sticker for a long time, but have not put it on my rack because I'm not one to offend people without reason. I would, however, like to get the point across not to try to force feed me beliefs.

I'm not worried about depreciation of gear from the sticker since it would go on a perforated black vent panel in my rack above the power amp.

I'm actually having a difficult time deciding whether to place the sticker there or not. I am usually not one to stir up trouble, but at the same time, I do defend my stances when confronted with arguments... Thanks for the comments so far. They're helpful in considering this.
Dog
Regular
Regular

Post by Dog »

if you decide not to, give it to me. i most definately will put it somewhere visable.
http://www.myspace.com/thestaggerers
http://www.myspace.com/tomfckingmcsod
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

From what I've generally gotten out of this discussion (here and on another board, along with asking a few friends in person) is that the only people who would take offense to that are probably the people that I would be aiming the comment at anyway. It's basically aimed at those who take religion so seriously that they feel it is their duty to convert every single other person whether they want to be converted or not.

Putting the sticker up might be ignored by most people. Many won't take it seriously (and really, nearly all things should be taken with a bit of humor). I think the only people who would have a major problem with it would get upset and make a huff about it as if I were attacking religion while I take the sticker as meaning (with a bit of force behind it) to go pray and leave me out of it.

I might just pop it on there. It's not as if I can't take the sticker off if someone talks to me about it and asks me to. Besides, since I don't play out at the moment, the sticker might not be seen by too many people until next year when I move and start doing more with my guitar rig.
The Wizard
Troll
Troll

Post by The Wizard »

Why worry about offending anyone? Isn't that the point of the sticker in the first place? Do you think the Christoids worry about offending anyone everytime they knock on a door, or put up some sanctimonious bullsh*t billboard propoganda? If I were you I'd HOPE it offended someone, they're probably not worth dealing with anyway.
The only good human is a DEAD human!
DJSpot
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by DJSpot »

Im really religious and I wouldnt be offended by that sticker at all.
Of course, Im a very liberal religious man that STRONGLY believes in the seperation of church and state, which is unfortunately going to DISSOLVE with this mass republican majority of assholes in this country.

I say keep the sticker on while you still have freedom of speech!
While I may not neccesarily believe in the same beliefs as you, I can still respect that you believe strongly in them....more power to you, keep on rocking in the free world, for a little while longer at least.
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

I'm actually quite surprised. I have received a lot of opinions on this, but overwhelmingly it has been respectful and a lot of people have shown support for that sticker.

I'm actually quite happy that the message boards that I take part on (here on FWM.com and the harmony-central rack forum) have people that are so open-minded and respectful of other people's freedoms and beliefs.

In all honesty, a sticker like this would be pointless if everyone that I've been around was this respectful of others' beliefs (and I would consider that a very good thing).
emo_erica

Post by emo_erica »

go for it. take the freedom while you have it, my friend.
Fettuccine_Alfredo

Post by Fettuccine_Alfredo »

But then again does it matter if u put a forking sticker on it....I mean who are other peole to dictate how u live your life???? I mean if u wanna be respectful to people and not offend anyone then dont speak i mean you cant please everyone .....dont what you want.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). ......... You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. .........
Bjart Sod
Regular
Regular

Post by Bjart Sod »

What Erik said. It's a forking sticker. If sticker's really worked, the West Memphis 3 would be freed right now.
[i]Bound his hands, slit his throat
Three Masons stole his life away
And dumped him in the cold Ontario[/i]