I would pay $??? for my own website.

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

How Much I Would Pay:

0 - the web is a dying fad.
No votes
$10-25
50%
$50-100
No votes
$200-250
13%
$300-350
No votes
$400-450
13%
$500-600
13%
$600-700
No votes
$700-800
No votes
Over $1000
13%

Total votes: 8

Channel 2
Location: ..the rupert bomb band... defining reactionary improv.

I would pay $??? for my own website.

Post by Channel 2 »

also, write what your site would include.

music, pictures, shopping carts, pages?
all original artwork, clipart, custom fonts?
anything else?
"channel 2.?! what are you, a fornicatin TV now?"
keep_frozen

Post by keep_frozen »

I'm gonna go for the cheap unless you are talking a full plan on a nice server with good bandwidth and plenty of space where it's professionally personally designed. Oppoesed to some crappy templates on a free host that just don't look good. I also don't have much money to spend. I know, I could have open jams of Keep Frozen in my room... I mean uh my studio... and charge a cover so pay for stuff. Hmmm....
www.myspace.com/zephaniahband/
simon

Post by simon »

i would go for as cheap as i can get cheapness.
all i would need is my own domain and a nice flash layout with some nice artwork. but i would take a full package deal for merch, mp3 and divx hosting if the price was right.
THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH, A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Not to be the bearer of bad news but, if you want a professional look, you need to hire a professional.

I asked some freelancer friends (who do this stuff for a living) and the general consesis is this:

$500 for the main/splash page (in flash)
$150 for each additional page (maybe more if flash)
.....and.....
$100 per year for maintence (includes domain name and site hosting, plus some minor updates, more frequent updates could be an additional charge)

However, these are pro prices. Similar talent could be found for cheaper prices (just because you're not a pro doesn't mean you can't build a kick-ass site) but be on the lookout for a crappy web-site. You might say to yourself no one can tell, but we can.
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

my thing is.. you get what you pay for.

Sure, Uncle Charly has a computer and geocities account... and he'll do it for a six pack and carton of smokes... but you're gonna get an uncle charly website.

But you can find quality design work for real cheap in your own back yard. *COUGH* http://anderson.solsticepromotions.com *COUGH*
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
Channel 2

Post by Channel 2 »

yeah anderson.
you do websites...
- What would you LIKE to get paid for your services?
- If you were to make a basic site, what is the rock bottom low price you could charge?
- any monthly charges for updating? included in the first and only payment?

im just curious. ive noticed the "value" of websites drop from a typical $1000-$1500 job, down to $10 or even FREE.

anderson, you can PM me if you want to answer these in private.
open for others input. thanks for whats already been listed.
Channel 2

Post by Channel 2 »

Heather Dammit does sites too doesnt she? (of Leeko fame)
leeko
Troll
Troll

Post by leeko »

Yes, yes I do. If im in the mood that is and if i like the band or sometimes if i dont like the band and i need some extra cash like i do now. So, give me some money damnit & i'll do your website.

help send me to the virgin islands!

My charges depend on how lazy i am at the particular moment, if its almost vacation time or what kind of shoes the person wears. Catch me on a good day & you could get a 4-6 page site for around $300-$500. If you wear chucks i might even cut you a better deal. If i dont like someone or if they wear reeboks i'll charge them more.

The thing is, i design & update sites all day at work so i need the incentive of lots of money or a chuck wearer to get me to do it at home also.

Besides, anymore any jackass with a computer can throw some crappy graphics and text up and call it a website, but if you want something cool you have to spend some money. A good website takes time and design work which costs money.
Heather damnit
www.leekovision.com