All ages venues

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

would you support a venue that featured local, and national indie acts that was all ages?

yes
76%
no
9%
yeah, but only if they had alcohol
12%
I don't really support the music scene, and think this question is a waste of my time
3%

Total votes: 34

Tri-State Killing Spree
Regular
Regular

Post by Tri-State Killing Spree »

matthewsturm wrote:Nolan,
What clubs did you start, or head up? Just curious on what you we're doing, or what could have changed(other than poor kids being stupid) to make these venues last.

cheers
-mathieu sturm
www.matthewsturm.com
IM NOT NOLAN!!!IM OLD!!!
"YOU HATE US AND WE HATE YOU" BY THE WAY EAT MY F***
www.tri-statekillingspree.com b*tch

PUNKROCKNIGHT.COM FT WAYNE
www.punkrocknight.com

http://myspace.com/tristatekillingspree
[img]http://tri-statekillingspree.com/images/prnbanner.gif[/img]
matthewsturm
Regular
Regular

Post by matthewsturm »

oh...sorry....who are you?
Channel 2
Location: ..the rupert bomb band... defining reactionary improv.

Post by Channel 2 »

hahaa.
Kevin is Nolans IDOL !! ... maybe vice versa?! ...i forget.

i think all age venues need pinball games or they will always close.

oh... and a bunch of free crap from bands... hmm... somewhere to buy original music... somewhere to hang out even if there isnt a show. ... someplace that allows skateboarding... same place that allows graffitti or reserved wall space for local artists and taggers. .. security thats cool and realistic ... shows on a regular schedule... location around other all age intrests... close to a bar or liqour store for those blessed with age and the desire to get wasted. .. and pinball games or else. flush.
"channel 2.?! what are you, a fornicatin TV now?"
Tri-State Killing Spree
Regular
Regular

Channel 2 wrote:hahaa.
Kevin is Nolans IDOL !! ... maybe vice versa?! ...i forget.

oh... and a bunch of free crap from bands... hmm... somewhere to buy original music... somewhere to hang out even if there isnt a show. ... someplace that allows skateboarding... same place that allows graffitti or reserved wall space for local artists and taggers. .. security thats cool and realistic ... shows on a regular schedule... location around other all age intrests... close to a bar or liqour store for those blessed with age and the desire to get wasted. .. and pinball games or else. flush.
HAHAHAHHA I LOVE THAT!!!

www.punkrocknight.com

Very Broke

Post by Very Broke »

http://www.abcnorio.org/
Take some advice from people who made it happen in NYC, where there are plenty of other places to go that allow all ages and have a bar for the older folks.
You have to make it different than just a venue that doesn't serve booze, otherwise, failure.
b-sharpsrawk

Post by b-sharpsrawk »

why dotn you fellas at BTR assemble this, sure it takes money and blah, blah, blah, but arent you guys close to a liquor store?
b-sharpsrawk

Post by b-sharpsrawk »

oh yea, and check out the b-sharps dec. 13 at the mocha room in decatur indiana
Tri-State Killing Spree
Regular
Regular

I played two all age shows last week!! I think the kids missed it!!

www.punkrocknight.com

Channel 2
Location: ..the rupert bomb band... defining reactionary improv.

Post by Channel 2 »

b-sharpsrawk wrote:

why dotn you fellas at BTR assemble this, sure it takes money and blah, blah, blah, but arent you guys close to a liquor store?
well pinball games are expensive.... and the garage might work for skateboarding... but would be lacking a half pipe... so we'll just keep doing shows once a month. for now. actually we were considering dropping the garage skate park for a go kart track in the yard. but where would everyone park?!
"channel 2.?! what are you, a fornicatin TV now?"
Nolan

Post by Nolan »

DUde I would be more than down!

I am Jesus' Idol!
Dog
Regular
Regular

Post by Dog »

regardless about what BTR may or may not have or be capable they have never thrown a 21+ show, nor do i think they ever will. and that in and of itself is more than ANYONE else is doing right now. and yes there is a liquor store right up the street. and a bar almost directly across the street. tell 'em BTR sent ya
http://www.myspace.com/thestaggerers
http://www.myspace.com/tomfckingmcsod
Nolan

Post by Nolan »

shut up c*ck
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

hmm....isn't there a show in Decater on Saturday at the mocha room. haha. B-Sharps rock. and let's not forget those shows that happen in various abbandoned buildings around town. but yeah for now we're throwing shows approx once a month til spring then we'll have two a month. then who knows??? maybe we'll hit the lottery or something and buy a building where we can just throw shows all the time.
chickrock

expanding on a good idea with an opinion

Post by chickrock »

"oh... and a bunch of free crap from bands... hmm... somewhere to buy original music... somewhere to hang out even if there isnt a show. ... someplace that allows skateboarding... same place that allows graffitti or reserved wall space for local artists and taggers. .. security thats cool and realistic ... shows on a regular schedule... location around other all age intrests... close to a bar or liqour store for those blessed with age and the desire to get wasted. .. and pinball games or else. flush."

That sounds great, but make it for more than just punks. Have a club where EVERYONE's welcome. Everybody who's interested can have their own weekend. Punks get the first weekend. Maybe metal the next. After that maybe accoustic? Why not throw some rap, indie, or *gasp* dj's (turn-table stuff) in there even or whatever the heck seems enticing? That way everyone has a venue. If rap doesn't fill up or one group is missing, give whoever's the most prominent a second slot. Just shake it up a bit. "I'm shakin it!" I'd love a venue I could go to and dress like myself without having to worry that the punks will hate me cuz I don't dress a certain way and am not a "pit chick". I don't want to get beaten up for being me, so I've never gone to a show. Yeah, I'm a wuss. Plus, that's more my sister's scene and I don't want to take away from it by my prescence. Anyways, (back to the subject) for this venue, what ya do is get some corporate sponsors and make friends at a radio station. Let the sponsors sell their shite in the corner. Give them their little bit of space as long as they leave the mic alone and don't overprice.
"Sometimes a scream is better than a theory" ~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Pogo77

Post by Pogo77 »

I dig the avatar.
Well, I've got something to say...