All ages venues

Discuss anything in general that has to do with music.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

would you support a venue that featured local, and national indie acts that was all ages?

yes
76%
no
9%
yeah, but only if they had alcohol
12%
I don't really support the music scene, and think this question is a waste of my time
3%

Total votes: 34

Pogo77

Post by Pogo77 »

I dig the avatar.
Well, I've got something to say...
chickrock

Post by chickrock »

Pogo77 wrote:I dig the avatar.
why thank you very much!
"Sometimes a scream is better than a theory" ~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
b-sharpsrawk

Post by b-sharpsrawk »

I'd love a venue I could go to and dress like myself without having to worry that the punks will hate me cuz I don't dress a certain way and am not a "pit chick". I don't want to get beaten up for being me, so I've never gone to a show.
not being a "punk" persay myself(which i find the very labeling of "punk" disgusting n itself) i have never had worry wandering through the crowd of these punk shows in which you speak of, you should try to make it out to one of these shows which you fear because you will find that many of the bands arent punk bands, and as for the statment of having skateboards and blah, blah, blah, i think that was simply refering to the fact that it seems all the kids you see at show or kids these days interested in such a thing own one of these devices

but im serious bout the shows...if you wanna see local music, check it out.
but if you dont want the punk scene check out the b-sharps at c2g on Febuary 17th, or Munchies on Broadway tnatively scheduled for Feb. 7th
chickrock

Post by chickrock »

b-sharpsrawk wrote:but im serious bout the shows...if you wanna see local music, check it out. but if you dont want the punk scene check out the b-sharps at c2g on Febuary 17th, or Munchies on Broadway tnatively scheduled for Feb. 7th
Is the Munchie's thing all ages? Oh, and what is c2g? I think I may take you up on your offer and swallow my fear of humiliating rejection. :)
"Sometimes a scream is better than a theory" ~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
DJSpot
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by DJSpot »

C2G or Come 2 Go is an awesome venue as far as the sound and stage goes. I've gone to several shows and havent been dissapointed with the venue yet....well, cement floors bother me, but thats petty consider their lights and sound. Everytime I went it was a mixed crowd age wise and no "scene" was dominant.....but then again, maybe that had to do with the shows I went to.....

Spot
b-sharpsrawk

Post by b-sharpsrawk »

and yea, munchies is all-ages
Fettuccine_Alfredo

Post by Fettuccine_Alfredo »

"I'd love a venue I could go to and dress like myself without having to worry that the punks will hate me cuz I don't dress a certain way and am not a "pit chick". I don't want to get beaten up for being me, so I've never gone to a show."

Well who cares if the punks hate you no one would beat you up that would be dumb.

and any all ages venue in town should have a salad bar and a pun-ball machine or else it will never work.
Big John
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Big John »

chickrock wrote:
b-sharpsrawk wrote:but im serious bout the shows...if you wanna see local music, check it out. but if you dont want the punk scene check out the b-sharps at c2g on Febuary 17th, or Munchies on Broadway tnatively scheduled for Feb. 7th
Is the Munchie's thing all ages? Oh, and what is c2g? I think I may take you up on your offer and swallow my fear of humiliating rejection. :)
Be sure to bring an extra pair of socks for it is a known fact that the B-Sharps will rock your socks off.
Massage...Bored
I Beat Up Kittens
I Beat Up Kittens

Post by Massage...Bored »

I think one of the problems here is that we shouldn't have to segregate anything. Be it "punk rock night" or what have you, no cliques, I hate cliques and that clique mentality. I just wish that more people could just see music as it is, music, and get down with that and be happy with that. If you don't like a certain band on a certain night, then don't go see them, or have a seperate "hang-out" area for those that just want to get out of the house. But there are folks in this town that are grateful that a band, any band, is playing and will go see them becasue they love live music. Or perhaps we should all stop bitchin' about it and do it ourselves.
Alessandro01

Re: All ages venues

Post by Alessandro01 »

Anything less than the above will probably frustrate you as a “party” system. The above will have limitations (volume and bass https://chooserator.com/best-soundbar-for-dialogue ) – but for a casual party (as opposed to professional DJ) system, they’ll probably serve well.