Singer available!

Looking to pick up some new talent? Wanting to form or join a band? It all starts here.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

PMS Azrael
I Been Around
I Been Around

Singer available!

Post by PMS Azrael »

Hello, I'm a xxx year old girl who lives in Fort Wayne. I've played acoustic guitar for about 3 years. I've been singing my entire life, basically. I've been in three bands before, and I love performing. Mostly my problem has been that I can't find bands willing to work with a girl singer. So I'd like to join/start a band with people who think chick singers are cool. lol

I'm not sure about my "influences", but the bands I listen to most include:
Evanescence
Jack Johnson
30 Seconds to Mars
Three Days Grace
Chevelle
Thrice

Please either reply here or send me an email at xxxx

Thanks
Last edited by PMS Azrael on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You know when you've found it because you feel it when they take it away.

Need a singer/songwriter?
QWETTY
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by QWETTY »

16 - bass - willing to try anything... favorites are TOOL, apc, mudvayne, ratm, slipknot, chili peppers... with girl singer... kidney thieves are it.
[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Maverick_PMS/fgaebanner.gif[/img]
andrew spangler
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by andrew spangler »

im 16 yr old guitarist.you mentioned some awesome bands! I'd be willing to work with a girl singer...or any singer,since i cant sing.
PMS Azrael
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by PMS Azrael »

PMed you both, and I'm still waiting to hear back from a band that might want me to audition for their band.

simpletim
The Jam Crib
The Jam Crib

Post by simpletim »

The Jam Crib "Jam School" could be a help to you all. This is like a 'School of Rock' to learn how to play in a band. We are putting together some new class groups to perform music of the type you like. After working with our professional musician/instructors and getting a show routine together, some of our classes have opened for big concert events in town and are now being considered for events like the Three Rivers Festival. There are class groups here ranging from 8 year olds to adults and it gives you that extra advantage in developing your skills to pursue your musical ambitions. Call 260.422.1654 to get in on this opportunity.
http://www.jamcrib.com
http://www.myspace.com/jamcrib
PMS Azrael
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by PMS Azrael »

simpletim wrote:The Jam Crib "Jam School" could be a help to you all. This is like a 'School of Rock' to learn how to play in a band. We are putting together some new class groups to perform music of the type you like. After working with our professional musician/instructors and getting a show routine together, some of our classes have opened for big concert events in town and are now being considered for events like the Three Rivers Festival. There are class groups here ranging from 8 year olds to adults and it gives you that extra advantage in developing your skills to pursue your musical ambitions. Call 260.422.1654 to get in on this opportunity.

I've actually played at the Jam Crib before and honestly it kind of sucked. The recording you guys did for my band was really awful with volume and level changes all over the place. Sounded like someone who really had no idea what they were doing was working the sound board.

simpletim
The Jam Crib
The Jam Crib

Post by simpletim »

Well its been about a year since you've been here and a lot has been continually improved upon during that time. So don't sell yourself short on what you think can be can gained from an affiliation with Jam Crib, because we are set on being the major force behind promulgating music talent within our region. Sorry you have not kept abreast with the inroads we have made. The number of Jam Crib members has now increased to 929. We are now gaining worldwide recognition and have major record producers from LA, California to Paris, France seeking our submissions for new talent to record. We also have the talent buyers from clubs and festivals looking to us for musical acts. The vast majority of the musicians who won Whammy Awards last night are also Jam Crib clients. We have now recorded hundreds of bands that have been satisfied with there show recordings here, yours must have been the rare exception. Hopefully, it would behoove you to attempt to have another rehearsal or show at Jam Crib to see what can be done for you.
http://www.jamcrib.com
http://www.myspace.com/jamcrib
PMS Azrael
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by PMS Azrael »

You realize "inroads" refers to a hostile invasion or an advance made at another's expense? You're sorry I haven't kept up to date with the hostile invasions you've made?
Also, "behoove" means necessary or proper and I think it is neither necessary nor proper for me to have another rehearsal at the Jam Crib.

I was merely reflecting on my experiences with your establishment. The recording was unprofessional and I was extremely dissatisfied with it, however- I will detract my original statement and replace it with this: The recording was awful, but the rest of the show was exceptional and I think you've really developed a useful foundation.

Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

What did you pay for the recording?
PMS Azrael
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by PMS Azrael »

I didn't as I'm sure you know, but that isn't the point. If they say they can provide a quality recording free of charge, that's what I'd expect. Besides, I just said that, while the recording may have been disappointing, the rest of the experience was good. I still don't understand why our recording would be the only bad one out of the hundreds you do. If everyone who does the recording has similar training and knowledge, why then did ours get so messed up? Or, is it possible that the guy who was working the sound board was just inexperienced and needed more time? Like, if we'd gone in a month later with the same guy running the recording, it might have been okay?

Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

So your complaining about the fidelity of a free courtesy recording from a line out of a board that was mixed on the fly for live sound during a performance?
zenmandan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by zenmandan »

Keep in mind that the recordings are done there with a simple stereo mic or two, and you're recording your live sound. The settings that you or whomever put into the board for the room to sound good doesn't necessarily mean your recording is going to sound good. The sound in a live room can be vastly different from what you hear on the recording.
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

PMS Azrael wrote:You realize "inroads" refers to a hostile invasion or an advance made at another's expense? You're sorry I haven't kept up to date with the hostile invasions you've made?
You sir or madam, are a jackass. Also, one who apparently has reading comprehension problems and likes to leave key words out of definitions:
an advance, especially made at another's expense; an encroachment.

we are set on being the major force behind promulgating music talent within our region. Sorry you have not kept abreast with the inroads we have made.
Hmmm, becoming a major force. Sounds like an advance at someone's expense to me. Almost like an encroachment.

PMS Azrael wrote: Also, "behoove" means necessary or proper and I think it is neither necessary nor proper for me to have another rehearsal at the Jam Crib.
In other words, you thinks it does not "behoove" you? Way to point out someone using a word correctly. I would have never understood his post without your handy translation.
subgenius88
Regular
Regular

Post by subgenius88 »

PMS Azrael wrote:
I've actually played at the Jam Crib before and honestly it kind of sucked. The recording you guys did for my band was really awful with volume and level changes all over the place. Sounded like someone who really had no idea what they were doing was working the sound board.

And what does your free-line-out-while-performing-live-recording have to do with an instructional class they offer any way?
andrew spangler
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by andrew spangler »

good points....i go there cuz they have big amps :),and i dont. and its less a hassle than to move everything around and pack up. and tim,i meant to show up thursday but i forgot.thursday nights are my only free nights,which is perfect. how much does it cost again?