CAB is the name, and Music is the game.

Use this forum to start a thread about yourself. Please take the time to read to rules and regs before posting.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

cabmusic

CAB is the name, and Music is the game.

Post by cabmusic »

CAB was born in Harrisonville, MO, USA, in November of 1971. A navy brat, he was soon transported to Corpus Cristi, TX. It was here that he was met by the spirit of the recently deceased James Douglas Morrison, who entered CAB's soul on the day that CAB almost died falling out of a moving car at the tender age of 2. Of course, the spirit of the Lizardking was a restless and unruly soul, and CAB was, likewise, always into some sort of mischief.

Not much later, and he was again moved. This time to his mother's home state of Indiana. He lived with his loving grandparents in Warsaw, and his mother went to Racine, WI. in search of a new life after the end of another. Soon, CAB was taken to Racine to be with his mother. He resided there until the age of 10. Then they went back to Indiana.

Around this time, things really started changing in CAB. He was a tormented soul with no guidance, and no father, and only the Lizardking to confide in. Music became everything to him. He got his first casette tape (Def Leppard's Pyromania), and the hair metal bands of the 80's became his passion. And with that, his whole outlook changed. Living in rural northern Indiana, where the corn really does grow for miles, and nothing to do, CAB was soon in more trouble than anyone could handle. And away he was sent to live with other outcast children in Knightstown, IN.

The Indiana Soldier's and Sailor's Children's Home was a grand institution, with rolling hills and lush valleys, and also home to hundreds of Indiana's misfits. And cockroaches the size of a grown man's thumb. It was here that CAB first began to release his soul. He wrote his first song, "Direct Current". Much inspired by his favorite band of the time, AC/DC. This song was nothing more than words on a paper, and a melody in his head. Mandatory church every Sunday, led to CAB joining the boys' choir. He was quickly made the lead soloist, and performed at several shows. And thus, groundwork began to be layed.

It was around that time that the old high school in the town of Knightstown was being used as the location for the shooting of the film "Hoosiers" The production people came to the Home for extras, and CAB got to go be an extra in the crowd. After one day of shooting, in the back of one of the shooting crew trucks, CAB and a few friends found a case of beer belonging to some member of the crew, and they took it and drank it in a tent that was set up near by. And of course, got caught. Getting caught was always easy for CAB.

After 2 years in Knightstown, following several times of running away, only to be caught by local police and put in the local jail as a scare tactic, and various other problems caused by CAB, he was kicked out of the Home, and sent back to his mother. Now, CAB was beyond help. And after a few short months, he found himself in the local jail again, but this time was no scare tactic. He was sent to live in the Indiana Boys' School, after living in the county jail for 2 months. School of hard knocks. CAB spent much of this time reading many books, writing many poems and lyrics, and working out.

He was released four months later, but CAB was only more unruly. Soon, he was sent back, and then transfered to a Peer group program in Rockville, IN. He spent 9 months in the program, and was set to be released, but no one would take him in. They knew he wasn't done yet, with his reign of mischief.

So, he was again taken back to Knightstown. This time it was only a couple months before he was again kicked out and sent back to his mother. Around this time, CAB got his first guitar and began learning how to play. Angus Young, Randy Rhodes, George Lynch, EVH, all big influences of the time.

But it wasn't long before the trouble finder was in over his head again. And at 16, he was waived into adult court, and sent away to the big house. Reception Diagnostic Center, and onto Indiana Youth Center, for one year. He spent his time going to school, playing guitar, listening to Bob and Tom, writing lyrics and short stories, and just wasting life away. He was released, after 6 months, and returned again to Warsaw. Where he soon began utilizing some of the tools he learned from the real convicts.

It wasn't very long and CAB was again back in jail and in more trouble than ever. At 17, he was again waived into adult court, and sent to the Indiana State Farm, with a very long 8 years to do. With good behavior, he would get out in 1993, at the age of 22.

The Farm had a great music program, and CAB soon found himself in a band singing classic rock cover tunes. He also wrote his first real song on guitar, "Habitual Ritual" was a prison yard favorite. He found a little hustle by writing and selling poetry for prison made greeting cards. And he performed in front of 1500+ inmates. Talk about a hard crowd.

When 1993 came, CAB was released, and this time he was on his own. He rented a trailer in a park in Fort Wayne, IN, began working and searching for a band. But what he found was his soulmate. And in 1995, he married her. They eventually moved back to Warsaw, and CAB went to work to support his family, and be a good productive citizen. He still played his guitar and wrote songs, but it was becoming more and more less often. He did join in a couple bands, but nothing that ever really clicked, or went anywhere.

In 2004, he discovered, mainly by accident, that his home computer was actually a home recording studio, of sorts. CAB started recording music on a Labtec voice mic. Crappy recordings. And he began creating his first cd of original music. Scratch demos, that is.

In 2005 CAB joined a band called Glad Hand as lead guitarist and backing vocals. The band recorded a demo in a local studio and played several gigs around the area. And then broke up after a year.

Soon after, CAB joined the band Civilian Street, first as a back-up vocalist and sampler, then moved to bass, after the departure of the original bass player. They recorded a demo at Sweetwater Studios with Chris Liepe. CAB rocked out with these guys for a year and a half, before he decided it was time to pursue his own music again.

In September of 2007, CAB went to Sweetwater Recording Studios and recorded 2 tracks, with Chris Liepe. Then he met a bass player (Doug) and drummer (Mel) on the internet and CAB Music Company was born. With the main focus of playing good, catchy, original music, and having a good time doing it.

December 2007, CAB was invited to Nashville to record a single with a Nashville producer who expressed interest in CAB's music. It was a great experience, walking into the studio, walls lined with gold and platinum records, recording in the same space as some very famous artists. CAB felt at home there, but it was a short visit and he returned home with a great sounding song, and an undying dream.

CAB Music Company recently added a lead guitarist and keyboardist (Rob), and harmonica/guitarist/vocalist (Chris), to complete the line-up, and are presently looking to book as many gigs as possible for 2008. As well as, recording in a local studio to finish the debut CD.

(And if you just read all that, you rock!) Thank you!
www.cabmusic.net
www.bigdickandthepenetrators.com
www.myspace.com/cabmusicnet
www.facebook.com/pages/CAB/123415501517
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

Holy CRAP that was long...lol...

WELCOME!

Chris
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Very interesting. A good read. Welcome to FWM, man!
Al Quandt
General Manager / Design
General Manager / Design

Post by Al Quandt »

Welcome.
Fort Wayne Digital Media Production Group LLC
http://www.fwdmp.com

Music
myspace.com/deadgirlsorry
myspace.com/thatcraftydevil
myspace.com/skinnydamnit

Other
http://OhSoHumorous.com
http://RandomDailymemes.com
http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com
Dan Bourbonnais

Post by Dan Bourbonnais »

Wow! That was like a true confessional. I was compelled to keep reading, just to see how it turns out.
Rock On CAB!
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

There is a fusion trio using your name, man... CAB

Welcome to the boards. Chris is a great producer isn't he.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
cabmusic

Post by cabmusic »

cwallace wrote:Holy CRAP that was long...lol...

WELCOME!

Chris
Thank you, Chris.
www.cabmusic.net
cabmusic

Post by cabmusic »

The_Dude wrote:Very interesting. A good read. Welcome to FWM, man!

Thank you Dude! BTW I seen LLC last year, and I dug the hell out of it! Just thought I would say so.
www.cabmusic.net
cabmusic

Post by cabmusic »

kimaliz wrote:Welcome.
Thank you!!
www.cabmusic.net
cabmusic

Post by cabmusic »

Dan Bourbonnais wrote:Wow! That was like a true confessional. I was compelled to keep reading, just to see how it turns out.
Rock On CAB!

Thank you, Dan!
www.cabmusic.net
cabmusic

Post by cabmusic »

bassjones wrote:There is a fusion trio using your name, man... CAB

Welcome to the boards. Chris is a great producer isn't he.
Do you mean locally?

There is actually a TON of CAB's. It is my initials, that is where I got it, not very original, I guess, but it's me. And my band is CAB Music Company, and I'm pretty sure that isn't being used. lol.

I thought Chris was fantastic! When I worked with him first time, on Civilian Street's demo, I knew I wanted to work with him on my own stuff. I took him two songs and he brought the best out in them. I would recommend Chris to anyone that is recording at Sweetwater.

Thank you!
www.cabmusic.net
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

No man, I meant these guys...

and they're freakin' awesome by the way.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.