Ft. Wayne Taxes

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Krieves
RockStar
RockStar

Ft. Wayne Taxes

Post by Krieves »

The last few days Mayor Henry says we can't hire more Policemen because it's not in the budget. This leaves us about 10 officers short of what we should have. So what's the city's solution? Let's give the Harrison Square developers a $20 million tax break.

I wish the city would give me a tax break. It would give me an economic incentive. :)

I guess I just don't get it.
conley
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by conley »

Anytime this sort of thing passes, it tends to have some sort of a "trickle-down" effect in a negative way. It's kind of like........"It might sound like a good idea to kill all of those nasty spiders, but if you do, you'll have 100 times more mesquitos because the spiders aren't around anymore to kill them"......I agree.....I just don't get it. Why can't the system in place just "do it's thing?" Aren't the people involved in this project capable of selling the condos based on their own merits? If it was agreed upon to build them in the first place, then it must have been thought that the concept is "sellable", right?.......You said it best &, once again, I agree.......I just don't get it.

Perhaps the interest level is not a great as initially presumed & this tax incentive is necessary, in the eyes of the developers?.......hmmmmm
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I just want them to hurry up and get the parking garage built...I'm tired of parking out by Mike's Carwash and walking to my building.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

...and so then City Council, who last fall before elections (convenient)
choose to vote to freeze local tax levies,....then with the state
offering property tax relief to the citizens( which apparently leaves
the city with a $11 to $13 mil. shortfall)...then Mr. Tom Mayor
asks the new/recently (re)elected same council to allow those same
levies to be raised to make up for said shortfalls....then Indiana Department of Local Government Finance this Friday denied Fort Wayne’s request to increase its property tax levy this year.

What does it take here?.....a magician,...I'm confuseled.

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

I'm glad I don't follow politics.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]