I think I am the only Conservative on the Board

To keep the music chat from being un-interupted send all political opinons here. This is fortwayneMUSIC.com after all.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

Am I?

Yup
80%
Nah Me Too
20%

Total votes: 15

jojo the circus monkey

Post by jojo the circus monkey »

i just had sbarros, but dog, that is food for thought.
Grindspine
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Grindspine »

I'm dead-center moderate. I feel that the current administration is too conservative and we have too few liberals and moderates as representatives. Therefore I'm going to vote democrat to balance out the checks and balances in the branches of the government.

Besides, I think Dubya has about four brain cells and three of them are playing Pac-Man.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Besides, I think Dubya has about four brain cells and three of them are playing Pac-Man.
I wonder what stragetory he uses?
jojo the circus monkey

DominaCrystal wrote:most republicans are racist

after becoming less ignorant the other day i discovered that:

democrats are traditionally racist while republicans aren't.

for instance: slavery vs the emancipation proclamation (respectively)
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Lincoln - Republican
Civil Rights Ammendment - check to see which party supported it and which party opposed it. You might be surprised
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
sharkmansix
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by sharkmansix »

Not to sound like an butthead, but who gives a f**k what a party did 100+ years ago?
jojo the circus monkey

me and bassjones.

but really, i dont support any "side," so i gave that example to show: f**k republicans and democrats. and libratarians.

http://www.potluck.com/offerings/increase.pdf
adam atherton
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by adam atherton »

Raising my (apparently RACIST???) and republican hand....

first to give W. a high 5 for four more years.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

And the civil rights ammendment was barely 30 years ago. And Al Gore's daddy voted against it, as did Bill Clinton's mentor, as did a number of very prominent Democrats.

I don't think they've changed ideology, just terminology. Now, instead of denying a black man equal rights, they offer special privilege, but it's still based on thinking him inferior and less capable of providing for himself. That still seems like racism to me.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
jojo the circus monkey

bassjones wrote:And the civil rights ammendment was barely 30 years ago. And Al Gore's daddy voted against it, as did Bill Clinton's mentor, as did a number of very prominent Democrats.
yeah that's pretty messed up. but just goes to show: f**k democrats and republicans.
I don't think they've changed ideology, just terminology. Now, instead of denying a black man equal rights, they offer special privilege, but it's still based on thinking him inferior and less capable of providing for himself. That still seems like racism to me.
are you referring to affirmative action?

and if you are, then we need the same definition of racism which would be (and i'm guessing you agree): discrimination by race

which then means historically, at least to me, not all racism is bad. (i really should qualify that. so what i'm saying is that" taking so-called "unfair" economic steps to right wrongs of the past is a good thing. not a bad thing. does it propogate racism? maybe, but racism wont go away without it either. so what's the difference?)

The problem with capitalism is sooner or later the capitalists run out of other people to exploit and land to steal.

Lady Circus Monkey
DominaCrystal

Post by DominaCrystal »

Affirmative action rocks (on my behalf), but people are trying to push it to far. I don't believe that a college should let a minority get in that has lower scores than a white guy, just because he is minority. A lot of white people that score high don't get it because of that. But I can't complain because that guarantees me into dental school, they have enough white males in there. hehe
jojo the circus monkey

DominaCrystal wrote:I don't believe that a college should let a minority get in that has lower scores than a white guy, just because he is minority. A lot of white people that score high don't get it because of that.
socioeconomics 101: poor people dont magically get motivation and opportunity. obviously affirmative action isn't fair when you look at it from a "if you work hard you should be rewarded" standpoint. but it makes more sense when you look at history. but then it also looks like "not enough" when you look at history. and if you skip 20 years from now into the future, it looks like we're going in the wrong direction being industrial and civilized to begin with.

of course you can join me in the future by reading "the story of b" and "ishmael" and "My ishmael" by daniel quinn

"My Ishmael" talks about school as a workflow control. i think "pedagogy of the oppressed" does the same.

damn i'd like to fight abraham lincoln right now.
DominaCrystal

Post by DominaCrystal »

Saying that "i cant afford college" is not an excuse, if you join the military you make a sh*at load of money to pay your way through college and have extra. I have a friend who is doing that. Poor people can enlist and go to college.
Haggard
Regular
Regular

Post by Haggard »

DominaCrystal wrote:Saying that "i cant afford college" is not an excuse, if you join the military you make a sh*at load of money to pay your way through college and have extra. I have a friend who is doing that. Poor people can enlist and go to college.
Or die, depending on their luck.
This system cannot be reformed or voted out of office because reforms and elections do not challenge the fundamental causes of injustice.

[img]http://www.wm3.org/database_images/banners/WM3chainBLACKbg.gif[/img]
DominaCrystal

Post by DominaCrystal »

if both candidates hold their promises...haha....... if you enlist now, you wont go to iraq