who the hell...

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

who the hell...

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

is Broken Minds?

they were on the Early Show today on TV.

Anyone else from town send anything in?
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by cwallace »

I should also point out that there song is damn good...(the one on their site).

Chris
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Nice. Very Hootie.

He's a good singer, but why can't anybody tune a guitar? If I hear one more strummer than isn't even in tune with himself, I'm gonna go all Carrie Nation and start chopping up some damn Epiphones, I tell you what. Maybe I should start some kind of foundation that provides good quality electronic tuners to needy bands. :D
Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Dagwood Lee »

I just hope the public doesn't think this is the best the Fort has to offer......cuz clearly it ain't.
Stop.Drop.Roll.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Drysdale rocks!
sevesd93
Arbitrator
Arbitrator

Post by sevesd93 »

The_Dude wrote:Drysdale rocks!
OH my, I sh*t my pants.
http://www.facebook.com/sevesd
http://www.myspace.com/sevesd
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

I heard told Broken Minds is a result of Fort superpowers (Jettingham and Homeless J) combining forces to wreak havoc upon the nation in the name of their city.
Dagwood Lee
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Dagwood Lee »

The cool thing is, I believe firmly that in the next year or two, with the gradual rise of LLC and the inevitable success of Orange Opera who will eventaully tour with Dr. Dog, the Fort will truly be represented as a town with some quality talent--------not just a place where a few bands try and score a radio hit or soundtrack cut.

Kudos and love to all. There is room in music for all types. I'm just a picky bastard.
Stop.Drop.Roll.
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

Silencio wrote:Nice. Very Hootie.

He's a good singer, but why can't anybody tune a guitar? If I hear one more strummer than isn't even in tune with himself, I'm gonna go all Carrie Nation and start chopping up some damn Epiphones, I tell you what. Maybe I should start some kind of foundation that provides good quality electronic tuners to needy bands. :D
And I'll go all Jeff Berlin and tell you that electric tuners are part of the problem. Learn to tune with a pitch pipe, and you'll actually hear yourself when you're out of tune. Electric tuners don't require a person to actually hear a pitch to tune to it.

That said, I use a quality electric tuner so I can tune up in noisy bars. And my fretless bass is lined for reference in loud band situations, and the bass is intonated slightly sharp at the 12th fret so that I know a smidge behind the fretline is spot on (mostly because playing fretted bass so long has gotten me to playing just behind the fret, so that's where my finger falls naturally).
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Dagwood Lee wrote:I'm just a picky bastard.
Ditto.
evansco
Troll
Troll

Post by evansco »

Thanks Chris... We appreciate the kind words. :D
cwallace wrote:I should also point out that there song is damn good...(the one on their site).

Chris
evansco
Troll
Troll

Post by evansco »

You are correct, we aren't the best... We just like to write and record music... Never really thought of music as a competition, just a form of expression... We will never claim to be the best even if we win... We just want to be able to play because we enjoy it. I wish the best for all musicians and I hope many others have success. Original music is where it is at and we don't play out much because Fort Wayne likes cover bands and we don't really enjoy playing other peoples music. I will say that we have professional jobs and we do this just for fun. We appreciate the kind words from many and can accept the negativitiy from others, it's all good...

A lot of our friends enjoy our music and many have been trying to get us to do something with it, so we decided we would enter this competition. We are easy going really friendly guys, we love all types of music.

We certainly appreciate any support this forum has to lend. Thanks again, Scott Evans....

Dagwood Lee wrote:I just hope the public doesn't think this is the best the Fort has to offer......cuz clearly it ain't.
evansco
Troll
Troll

Post by evansco »

cwallace wrote:It is them:

http://www.broken-minds.com/

Chris

Yep, that is our website... If any of you would like to support our music, we would certainly appreciate any votes and your time. Our website has a link to where you can go and vote.

Thanks, Scott Evans
Shaggydoo
Regular
Regular

Post by Shaggydoo »

Very classy Scott Evans, very classy. Thanks for sharing.
Say No to Drugs, Say Yes to Tacos

Imitate, Assimilate, Innovate
Side Hatch Studios