SANKOFA

Talk about anything specifically related to local music. Local CD's, websites, local, local, local!

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

pistol_ball
Troll
Troll

SANKOFA

Post by pistol_ball »

Wow. I got his cd "Still Means Something" today. From him personally. Holy sh*t. This guy is incredible. He should be everywhere involved with everything, singing, rapping, producing,... whatever. I WANT MORE! Sankofa, you kick ass in my book pal.

The lyrics are so intricate and fast. His wordplay is increbile and takes you places you wouldn't expect. Also, hats off to fangface. (the dopest most original beats I've heard in a while) The album is also really well produced. If only ALL local music was this good.
Me:"Do the city-fries come with cheese or cheese sauce?"
Waitress: "Ummmm, yes."
Me: "Sounds good, I'll have that."
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

I'm glad you dig it, thanks for picking up a copy. I never envisioned that Dewald Terrible would end up being an inadvertant sales pitch, just something to record at 4:10 in the morning after a long night. My earlier release (the Rosetta Stone, circa '04) is available at Convolution Records. No ETA on The Tortoise Hustle (album I'm currently working on). Tear shed for FANGFACE who quit the world of rap and put all his stuff on ebay.

zoom zip

ps-i've a show at CSW this Friday, then 2 shows on the 17th (Kill Your Radio at Sunset and Cover Me Bad at Mid City)
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

He's really cute and a great dancer too.

See him live and be dazzled.