http://www.FailUniversity.com
http://BestDailyMemes.com
http://www.StealMyMemes.com
http://www.Sohumorous.com
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

"Amy's in the Kitchen" is a given as my favorite track on the album.

"Wash It" is epic.

I have yet to listen to my actual disc cause I still have the unmastered copy spinning. I can't wait to pick up an orange LP.

As a national release Fort Wayne should be proud that this is what's representing the Fort.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Let the year that is 2008 begin to rock. Right now. Alive Records has released Left Lane Cruiser’s label debut, Bring Yo’ Ass To The Table, and it is everything fans of their self-released album, Gettin’ Down On It, could have expected and so much more. I got an iPhone for Christmas and in preparation for the beginning of the year, I planned to load the new LLC, Drive-By Truckers and N. Mississippi Allstars albums on it for listening in my New Years travels. I never made it to the DBT or NMA discs.
Read the full article @ NINEBULLETS.NET
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

from http://www.adultcontemporary.co.uk
Artist - Left Lane Cruiser
Album - Bring Yo' Ass To The Table
Label - Alive

Guitar and drum combos are becoming the arrangement-du-jour, with notables such as The White Stripes, The Black Keys and Two Gallants all finding a massive audience. Left Lane Cruiser are at the whiskey'd up badass Seasick Steve end of the spectrum - this is dirty rock blues, like ZZ Top at their early best. As you may expect, it is the intensity of the bottleneck guitar attack and ferocity of the drumming that sustain the interest here. The fact that the 'band' is a duo isn't actually noticeable - bands like Black Eyed Snakes and North Mississippi Allstars make music that sounds similar - but perhaps the wild-eyed interplay between the two elevates the energy to 11. Bring Yo' Ass To The Table is the kind of music that could care less about whether ties are straight or thin this year, and in doing so defines its own coolness. That means, as many are now finding with shows by the Black Keys and Seasick Steve filling major venues, a seriously fine live show. Album of the week.

ACE Rating 9/10
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

from http://www.Hearya.com

[quote]In Left Lane Cruiser, Alive Records finds another swampy blues act with a heavy dose of pedal steel and grizzly, low-fi vocals. LLC won’t seduce you with poetic lyrics, but they’ll start you off with a whiskey on the rocks to warm you up on the intro track, “Wash It,â€
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

from HeroHill.com
When I laid out the records I wanted to review this week, I originally had Kate Maki's lovely new long player (On High) slotted in for some hump day enjoyment. That all changed when a nice little mailer box with the Alive records logo stamped in the top left hand side was waiting for me in the ole postbox on Monday.

Alive records, quite simply, brings it. Their stable of artists is top shelf and the Black Diamond Heavies really put the label on notice for me. When I heard some of the Left Lane Cruiser tracks floating around the net, I politely asked for a copy (truth be told, if it's possible to get on your knees and beg via email, that is probably more accurate).

LLC is another two-piece gritty, raw, dirty blues outfit but the depth of sound they bring is unreal. First you have Freddy J IV (Joe) on guitar and hoarse, screamed vocals. All too often people talk about smoke and whiskey ripped throats, but in the case of Freddy J IV, his vocal cords appear to be held together by only a few sinewy strands.

READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE: http://www.herohill.com/2008/01/reviews ... yo-ass.htm
poopdeflex
Anal Reflex
Anal Reflex

Post by poopdeflex »

You know whats a G-d #$%# shame? a local band puts out one of the best (and there is not a curse word dirty enough) CDs i have ever heard, and not a c*ck sucker reviews it. you music people should be ashamed. i have heard my fair share of LLC (and shake em on down covers) but you know a cd is good when it almost out plays a live performance. i don;t know technical terms but compared to there other cds (which were good enough to get me through more than a couple bad days at work) this is like sliced Mark Prior. songs i have heard a thousand times before have a new freshness to them that disguise what before looked plain. and for they're new ones, sweet jesus, G Bob is now the song i would murder someone to (replacing tomahawks "god loves a coward"). sadly that is the only title i recall but happily i liked it so much i had to learn the title instead of relying on it's number and that is saying alot. finally i could not be happier with Joe's lack of white boy sounding vocals, not that they are black boy sounding either cause that is almost worst, they just sound natural like he's tired of trying and is just doing that sh*t. conclusion: i suck just as hard as you cause i offer no criticism, which is the best thing you could give any band, so f**k you, f**k me, LLC is cool.
just because it's local music, don't mean it don't suck
Sankofa
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Sankofa »

The disc that comes closest to reflecting LLC's legendarily ferocious live shows.
poopdeflex
Anal Reflex
Anal Reflex

Post by poopdeflex »

who the fork and spoon is mark prior? i'm sure i would rather have sliced poon tang than that sporking son of a knife.
just because it's local music, don't mean it don't suck
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

poopdeflex wrote:who the fork and spoon is mark prior? i'm sure i would rather have sliced poon tang than that sporking son of a knife.
It's a cover-up word for one of the censors...when someone types "pu*sy" the board converts it to Mark Prior.

- Fleek
MrSpall
Addict
Addict

Post by MrSpall »

I've been listening to it for a couple weeks now, trying to find any criticism that would balance out my never-ending slew of 'Oh my God that's GREAT!' comments.

LLC is now my official roadtrip CD, as I don't think I could ever fall asleep at the wheel with Brenn pounding in my ears (c'mon guys, the joke is too easy, lay off). I love Joe's gravelly voiced vocals. His guitar riffs are always pleasantly intriguing. There are parts of almost every track that feel like both band members just said "F*** it" and started playing some kind of crazy jam, but it always comes back around to the main theme of the song. As a vocalist, I mostly am attracted to music with great hooks, and I never thought I'd hear the day that, "2, 3, 4" would constitute one.

As for any critiques, it's petty and probably just personal taste, but I'd love to hear Joe's vocals mastered at a higher level. I had to do some screwy things with my stereo's EQ to make him stand out. But that is sometimes what I love about LLC, Joe isn't a singer as much as his voice is an instrument of their music. For the record, that's NOT an insult.

A lot of people will tell you how excited they are that a band like this, with this much quality output emerged from the Fort. Honestly though, I'm not excited for them as a Fort Wayne local. I'm excited for them as a fan of great music.
www.myspace.com/the1947californiacupcakecompany

www.indianajoshandtheblogofdoom.blogspot.com

We all live in a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo, a purple kangaroo
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

MrSpall wrote:A lot of people will tell you how excited they are that a band like this, with this much quality output emerged from the Fort. Honestly though, I'm not excited for them as a Fort Wayne local. I'm excited for them as a fan of great music.
Well said. I most certainly agree, too.

When I can rank a local disc as one of my favorite of ALL-TIME (Gettin' Down On It), it's definitely more of a music thing than a local thing.

BYOTTT, though I thought it would pale in comparison, certainly does not. Some of my favorites include Justify, G-Bob, Amy's In the Kitchen, Heavy and Wash It. There's not one tune that I've tired of...and that's certainly rare. For me, anyways.

My only gripe, and it's not much of one...I would've liked to hear more 'thump'.

I still give it a 4.9999999 out of 5.0.
rezin
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal
lib-mod cannibal Norwegian deth metal

Post by rezin »

i wouldnt buy this if my life depended on it.
www.myspace.com/hillgrassbluebillyfw / www.dirtyfootfamily.com
www.myspace.com/rolandogreenisaturd
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com