Crazy Pinz

Review local music venues, bar, coffee shops, and other local entertainment establishments.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

GENERAL ENTERTAINMENT :: Crazy Pinz (bowling)

Post by cwallace »

Post experiences and Reviews here.

Please read the rules before posting
angski
Regular
Regular

Post by angski »

For those of you that are unfimiliar with this place check it out.

Great for kids but I'll never go on a Saturday night again. Madness, absolute madness. Also, not enough security for as many kids as there are running around. They could easily wander out the door.

I didn't get a chance to check out the second floor bar either. Might go back this weekend for mini golf.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Never been. Doesn't look like anything special judging from the website (which is horrible, by the way). I'm guessing it's over-priced. I'm sure I'll end up there one of these days, but I'm in no hurry.
beck
Regular
Regular

Post by beck »

For anybody curious to check it out, we are playing there the 29th. I will leave my thoughts after that.
angski
Regular
Regular

Post by angski »

The_Dude wrote:Never been. Doesn't look like anything special judging from the website (which is horrible, by the way). I'm guessing it's over-priced. I'm sure I'll end up there one of these days, but I'm in no hurry.
I'm not sure about the prices. It was so busy I didn't have time to check. All I know is it was $5 per kid to run around in the play area, which was awesome btw. Spent $20 on tokens for video games. Not sure how many tokens I got but pockets were loaded. We also played mini bowling, since I had my daughter and little cousin with me. It was $25 for two people to play 1 hour of mini bowling. That was salty but I thought I'd at least try it out to see if they liked it. We ended up waiting well over an hour just to get a lane. Not sure about the regular lanes and they also have indoor cosmic mini golf.

I'll probably go back with out the kid to check out the mini golf and to see what the food and bars are like.
QWETTY
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by QWETTY »

ridiculously over priced... lanes aren't taken care of for how nice they are. i went there at about 7 on a weekday and the lanes had absolutly no oil on them... terrible. too many kids... them plus the flashing lights gives could give anyone a head ache and any1 on lots of drugs a nice trip. :P
[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/Maverick_PMS/fgaebanner.gif[/img]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

angski wrote:It was $25 for two people to play 1 hour of mini bowling.
JEEBUS! Did it come with a complimentary Happy Ending?!??!
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

The mini bowling was fun, and I didn't have to put on someone elses stinky bowling shoes either.

The video game area is seriously lacking any decent games. Mostly they are ticket redeeming games so the little kiddies can get cheap generic toys. Although one kid was walking around with a light up wand that looked like a dildo.. I'm sure his mother will be taking that one.

The security vs. children ratio should seriously be addressed. Way too many kids overwhelming the 15 year old "security" girls that are too busy flirting with the boys.

Way too close to Garrett, bumped into 3 people from G-Town in less than an hour. NOT COOL.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
bassjones
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by bassjones »

It's like Chuck-E-Cheeze only slightly better. Too many damn kids though.
"brad!
...your tunes and your playing sound really great... all the best to you and god bless-
adam nitti" www.myspace.com/adamnittimusic

www.bradjonesbass.com
http://groups.myspace.com/northeastindianabassplayers
www.myspace.com/bassjones
www.myspace.com/whitehotnoise
www.esession.com/bradjones - hire me for your session from anywhere in the world.
traumaqueen
Pants Goblin
Pants Goblin

Post by traumaqueen »

all i know is that i will continue to ignore it.
at this point, the establishment is not relevant to me.
but in a soon-coming week, my D. will let me know that this is THE place to be and that i am a horrible parent for not taking her there yet. soon, i will be a monster, as she will be the only child around that has not yet been there.
PMS Azrael
I Been Around
I Been Around

Post by PMS Azrael »

My experience at Crazy Pinz was horrible. My friends and I were going to go bowling, but after a half hour of arcade time we had to leave. If I were 7 I would probably love the place, as the millions of tiny tots running around seem to love it. I, on the other hand, had a headache after 10 minutes of kids hopped up on sugar running around screaming with flashing lights and obnoxious sounds and smells. I think they tried to cram too much into one building- bowling, arcade, mini golf, restaurant, bar.. Ugh. They should've picked one or two things to do WELL instead of doing 5 things terribly.
You know when you've found it because you feel it when they take it away.

Need a singer/songwriter?
Jambrea
Moderation Queen
Moderation Queen

Post by Jambrea »

I really think timing is a big thing with this place. I went on a Saturday around 2 and it wasn't too bad. The later it got the more kids there were and it got a little nuts. I like it better than Chuck E. Cheese.
[b]Anyone who can only think of only one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination.
- Mark Twain[/b]
angski
Regular
Regular

Post by angski »

Jambrea wrote:I really think timing is a big thing with this place. I went on a Saturday around 2 and it wasn't too bad. The later it got the more kids there were and it got a little nuts. I like it better than Chuck E. Cheese.
It's great if you have kids. I doubt I'd go there without my daughter. Everything is toooooo expensive. $8 for an hour of pool, $8 for one game of bowling or $25 per hour.
david sumner
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by david sumner »

angski wrote:It's great if you have kids. I doubt I'd go there without my daughter. Everything is toooooo expensive. $8 for an hour of pool, $8 for one game of bowling or $25 per hour.
what?!?
WOLVERINES!

[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/nodpresion/sideshowbob.jpg[/img][img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k85/nodpresion/fatduritz.jpg[/img]
cwallace
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Re: Crazy Pinz

Post by cwallace »

Love Crazy Pins !! We go there all the time.

kwalis.com

ohsohumorous.com

fireflygoods.com