Bowl with a 16-3 tr

Review local and chain retail stores.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

vv1122365

Bowl with a 16-3 tr

Post by vv1122365 »

MONTREAL - The Montreal Alouettes hope they have finally found their starting quarterback in shaggy-haired Jonathan Crompton. But as promising as the 26-year-old looked in his first game last week in a 24-16 loss in Winnipeg, it is too early to think of Crompton as the one who might save what has been a disastrous 2014 CFL season for Montreal after a 1-7 start. "Not even close," Crompton said Wednesday. "Ive only played three quarters of football. "I havent even played a full game yet, so I just have to do my job, do what the coaches tell me to do, and things will take care of themselves. I really think we have a good team around us." That will be put to the test on Friday night when the Alouettes, trying to end a six-game losing streak, face the expansion Ottawa Redblacks at Percival Molson Stadium. After taking most of the first-team snaps in practice this week, Crompton is expected to get his first CFL start, even if coach Tom Higgins would not confirm it. In a 24-16 loss last week in Winnipeg, Crompton replaced starter Alex Brink in the second quarter and went 18-for-29 for 266 yards. Although he threw three interceptions, the Asheville, N.C., native looked more poised and effective than the three other pivots to see action so far this season: the now-injured Troy Smith, Brink and Tanner Marsh. It looks like Higgins is ready to give Compton his chance to seize the job. "He understands what were doing," said Higgins. "The players seem to rally around him. "Hes a take-control type of young man. Adversity doesnt seem to affect him. He just goes back out and keeps flinging the football. Theyre all really good signs. We just hope that he can pick up where he left off last week." The search for a replacement for retired all-time passing leader Anthony Calvillo has been a trial, but two things were apparent in Winnipeg: Crompton looked like he knows what hes doing on the field, and he has really long hair. It turns out that he is growing his hair to donate to the Locks For Love program, which provides hairpieces to kids under 21 who have lost theirs due to illness, notably cancer. It will be cut when it reaches 10 inches long, which should be soon. The poise in the pocket comes partly from the experience he picked up as a rookie last season in Edmonton, where, with neatly trimmed hair and beard, he got into eight games as backup to Mike Reilly. "Being my first year up here and getting acclimated to a new game was fun," said Crompton, who completed 30 of 58 passes for 451 yards, five touchdowns and five interceptions for the Eskimos. "I enjoy it up here and I enjoy being in Montreal. "Its more fun because I have relatives from here. I just have to learn to speak a little French. Its harder than it looks." Cromptons grandmothers sister and her family are the Montreal wing of a clan that has outposts in Canada, the United States, Morocco and Israel. "This is a place Ive always wanted to play because of that," he said. "Now its another incentive for my grandma to come up and visit me and them at the same time. Im blessed to be here and Im looking forward to the opportunity." Last season, Crompton looked to have settled in as Reillys backup, but he was cut during training camp this season as the Eskimos opted to go with Pat White and Matt Nichols. He signed a three-year contract with Montreal on July 15 and started the season fourth on the depth chart. Now, he should get a shot at being Number One. "Everybody wants to play, so its not whether one person is playing, its making sure we have 12 guys on the same page," he said. "I think weve really come together as a team. "Every day you prepare like youre the starter. If youre not mentally prepared, thats when your number will get called and things dont go your way. Everyone here, in every position, is ready to go." Higgins confirmed that James Rodgers, brother of Atlanta Falcons running back Jacquizz Rodgers, will start against Ottawa. Rodgers, who signed on Aug. 6, will return kicks in place of Larry Taylor, who has a knee injury. He also said that receiver Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson has been cleared to return from an injury, but that he has not yet decided if he will play. Jordans Wholesale Store . Bjoerndalen broke the record he shared with cross-country skiing great Bjoern Daehlie, also matching his fellow Norwegians record of eight gold medals. Bjoerndalen earlier won gold in Sochi in the mens sprint biathlon. Authentic Air Jordan From China .com) - Rick Nash scored twice and Derek Stepan chipped in a goal with one assist as the New York Rangers claimed a 5-2 decision over Calgary at the Saddledome. http://www.wholesaleairjordanchina.com/ . Bring on Freddy Garcia. The well-travelled 36-year-old right-hander earned his second NL victory since 2007, and his first since he joined the Atlanta Braves last month, pitching six innings to help beat Miami 6-1 Thursday. Wholesale Authentic Air Jordan . Burkes Flames are one of several teams involved in heavy trade speculation going into next Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, with the most prominent name in play being forward Michael Cammalleri. Discount Air Jordan . Terrance Broadway threw for 227 yards and Hunter Stover kicked three field goals as the Ragin Cajuns won an unprecedented fourth straight New Orleans Bowl with a 16-3 triumph over Nevada.CLEVELAND - Brad Malone scored twice, and the Lake Erie Monsters held off a Toronto Marlies comeback attempt to pick up a 3-2 win in American Hockey League action on Friday. Paul Carey scored the eventual winner for Lake Erie (24-26-6), with a power-play goal at 14:17 of the third period. Matt Hunwick had two assists. Spencer Abbott had a goal and an assist for the Marlies (33-19-4), aand Jerry DAmigo also scored.dddddddddddd Monsters goalie Calvin Pickard stopped 38 shots for the victory, while Torontos Drew MacIntyre made 44 saves in the loss. Lake Erie scored three straight goals to put the Monsters ahead 3-0 with less than 15 minutes to play. Toronto responded with two goals in the final three minutes of the game, but fell short of the comeback. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '