J K O'Donnell's

Review local eating establishments.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

G Fresh
RockStar
RockStar

FOOD :: J K O'Donnell's

Post by G Fresh »

I know I don't live up in the Fort anymore, but I've been to this place a couple of times on my visits home and it is excellent. Great beer selection, Young's Double Chocolate Stout and the Harviestoun Old Engine Oil are particular favorites, and the food is outstanding, Bangers and Mash, Fish & Chips and the Fried St. Killian Cheese. *Drool* must. visit. again. soon.

http://www.jkodonnells.com/
http://www.myspace.com/matthewgates
http://www.youtube.com/MattyGFresh
Support Local Original Music
poopstains
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by poopstains »

Never been I tried popping in for a late brew once but they closed at midnight, I have looked over their menu and its a bit pricey
Last edited by poopstains on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Other than a little pricey on the food I liked it. GREAT beer selection.

However....

I did not like the interior.

It waaaay to sterile and bright. The decor is generic and bland. If you turned off the obligatory soccer games on the TV, and took down a handful or Irish-themed signage, there is nothing that makes it a cozy pub feel.

Maybe its me, but I expected (wanted) it to be darker and more intimate, like a Henry's kind of feel.

But it just feels like an average hotel bar, that cater more to people who want to bee seen at the new, hip and cool bland hotel bar.

Paint the walls a darker warmer tone, dim the lights, lose the acoustic tiles and replace them with a pressed tin ceiling.

I would go back to meet up with people, but I doubt I would go out of my way to return on my own.

Food = B
Beer = A-
Atmosphere = C
Silencio
RockStar
RockStar

Post by Silencio »

Oliver's Army wrote:The decor is generic and bland. If you turned off the obligatory soccer games on the TV, and took down a handful or Irish-themed signage, there is nothing that makes it a cozy pub feel.

Maybe its me, but I expected (wanted) it to be darker and more intimate, like a Henry's kind of feel.....
I've only seen photos, but that did seem to be a real problem based on what I saw. There's an Irish pub in Fishers called MacCool's that's a perfect example of how it should be done, and that's what I expected from this joint.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Snuck in for a quick lunch a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't care for the tight space towards that back where we
were seated. Didn't have enough time to sample any
of the brew. Don't care for soccer. Yes, a touch pricey.
Service was above average, but the Cod sandwich
tasted somewhat bland. But,..am going back to
give this another try. It's good go see a little life
being pumped back into downtown.

Jury's still out.

Less is always more