What do you NOT look forward to while @ work?

Non-music discussion. Discuss things that are on your mind or things that don't have anything to do with music. Lets try to keep it clean people, there are little children present.

Moderators: MrSpall, bassjones, sevesd93, zenmandan

The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

What do you NOT look forward to while @ work?

Post by The_Dude »

Besides the obvious...

(working)

* I hate checking my voicemail. 9 times out of 10, the person leaving the voicemail is an idiot.

* I don't like sorting through mail. I have about 3 months worth sitting on my desk that I need to plow through at some point in the next couple of months.

* I'm not a fan of having to call patients about their insurance. It just blows my mind that so many people know absolutely NOTHING about the insurance plan they signed up for.
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

Hmmm...this is a tough one because I really like my job. My year is broken down into 4 software releases...3-4 weeks per release gathering requirements for new stuff (data gathering, setting up meetings and then documenting all the specifications that go do our programmers), about a week or two writing test scripts and then 3-4 weeks testing. So, let's call that 10 weeks per release that I am actually working.

That gives me 12 weeks a year, at work, that I have little to nothing to work on. Occaisionally, there are support issues or I'm pulled on a side project or I am thinking about ways to improve our software, but the rest of the time...well, that is spent doing whatever I want to do. Which normally entails surfing the web reading stuff, developing my personal website or working on one of my client's websites...plus, I work from home once a week...

Hmmm...still thinking here...

I guess I don't have anything really to complain about except for work, generally speaking... 75% of my contacts are via phone or email...

If I had to pick something, maybe it would be all the timesheets I have to fill out. I have to log all my project time into one system. I then have to log all my PTO into that system plus another system. I have to fill out weekly status reports which logs all my hours in yet another document and then we have team meetings that tracks our out of office as well. Not to mention we have a large calendar that we are all supposed to write on when we are out of the office.

There are a couple other things we have to do that is redundant. Like tracking all our projects...they have to be filled out manually in like 3 different places...pretty annoying when you have to make updates.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Every day around 11:00-ish, one particular guy decides to dookie the apparent burnt rubber tire he had for dinner last night.

Smells like this should not emanate from a human being.
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

Oliver's Army wrote:Every day around 11:00-ish, one particular guy decides to dookie the apparent burnt rubber tire he had for dinner last night.

x2

...and also "that person" that tends to burn their microwave popcorn

Less is always more
deek
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by deek »

WBOB wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:Every day around 11:00-ish, one particular guy decides to dookie the apparent burnt rubber tire he had for dinner last night.

x2

Ahh...yeah, I hate that too. Luckily, we just moved our team's offices to the ground floor and we don't have to share our space with anyone. I don't have to walk up and down the different levels and get the burnt popcorn smells anymore.
[url=http://www.deeksworld.com]deek's World[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Popcorn, period, should be outlawed from all places of employment.

Don't forget about the p*nis muncher who decides they're too good to make coffee after they empty a pot. I got fed up with it and about 3 months ago I brought my own coffee pot and put it in my office. F*ck everyone else.
Oliver's Army
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by Oliver's Army »

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Oliver's Army wrote:Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays
^ and that

I've got a case of the Monday thru Thursdays and Fridays from 8am until 5pm.
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

You mean, "that woman."
Morphine Child
SuperStar
SuperStar

Post by Morphine Child »

All these things are why I work alone...at home. It's great!
"My friend says he wants to die. He's in a band, they sound like Pearl Jam, the clothes are all black and the music is crap."

Steven Wilson

NoteScribe: Premier [url=http://www.notescribe.net]Note Software[/url]
The_Dude
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by The_Dude »

Morphine Child wrote:All these things are why I work alone...at home. It's great!
That's called masturbation.

:lol:
WBOB
Too Much Free Time
Too Much Free Time

Post by WBOB »

The_Dude wrote: You mean, "that woman."
:lol: Why,.....yes! 8)

Less is always more
HillgrassBluebillyFTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW
Hillgrass Bluebilly FTW

Post by HillgrassBluebillyFTW »

I hate that I work 45 minutes from where I live.

I hate that everyone I work with is satisfied with this sh*tty little newspaper and have no plans to leave. Which makes me to be the butthead when I try to suggest changes and thus the first one out the door.

I hate that my boss is out the door everyday at 5PM. I've never worked anywhere where the boss was the first out the door at the end of the day.

I hate that the lady in my department is too impatient. She makes me rush all my pm's and myspace messages so I can do her damn work.

I hate my job period.

I hate talking on the phone especially here because every single phone smells like an ashtray because people talk and smoke at the same time.

I hate that no one bathes.
1. I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. - Romans 15

If you want to know what I am working on check out these sites:

OhSoHumorous.com
TopDailyMemes.com
RandomDailyMemes.com
BestDailyMemes.com
FortWayneMusic.om
Kwalis.com
SoHumorous.com
FailUniversity.com
FaceFullOf.com
NuZuDu.com
FireFlyGoods.com
ThePeopleBlog.com
StealMyMemes.com
DontStealMyMemes.com

More to come...
bwohlgemuth
Addict
Addict

Post by bwohlgemuth »

I really have nothing to b*tch about.

The occasional idiot, but we have all of those to worry about.
The 2:00 am calls where I'm dragged onto a call with a major problem, those can get old.

But I balance that against working from home, setting my own hours, and a consistent paycheck every other Friday.
iammarky
Regular
Regular

Post by iammarky »

i work at a restaraunt downtown, and i hate the fact that people have to change the menu. especially right in the middle of lunch. sometimes i dont know why we have a menu.
"You know I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind"